South East Asia Backpacker Magazine is supported by many fantastic businesses across South East Asia who have not only helped us financially over the years in terms of printing the magazine, but with moral support, advice and encouragement! We don’t advertise businesses that we don’t believe offer something unique for the backpacker in this part of the world. So, we urge our readers to have a coffee, grab a bite to eat, take a dive course, book a night’s stay or take a course at the following places, and say hi to the quirky, charismatic owners who have become our friends! Heading to any of these places next?
Chiang Mai, Thailand:
- CLBS: Interested in living and working in Chiang Mai?
- Backstreet Books: Amazingly well-stocked bookshop!
- Wise Living Yoga Academy: Traditional Yoga teacher training.
- X-Centre: Adrenalin-fuelled fun from karting to bungy jumping.
- Asia Scenic Cooking: Authentic Thai cooking classes.
- Deejai Backpackers Hostel: Cheap, friendly and fun hostel!
At Backstreet Books in Chiang Mai – the best stocked bookshop in town!
Ready to pump some adrenalin? At the X-Centre in Chiang Mai
- Xhale Yoga: Yoga and Meditation Retreat in the beautiful Pai countryside.
Koh Phi Phi, Thailand:
- Ibex Climbing: Rock climbing and snorkeling adventures.
- Phi Phi Cabana: For those in search of luxury on Phi Phi Island.
Koh Tao, Thailand:
- Roctopus Dive: Friendly SSI Diving School. Say hi to Big Dave!
- Big Bubble: Dive School located in beautiful Chalok Baan Kao.
- Scuba Junction: Fun dive School located in central Sairee Beach.
- Pura Vida Diving: New English and Spanish-speaking dive school.
They love reading S.E.A Backpacker Magazine at Pura Vida Diving!
- Koh Tao Backpackers Hostel: Fun, popular backpacker hostel.
- Lotus Paradise Resort & Diving: Central spot to sleep and dive!
- Choppers Bar and Grill: The place in Sairee to eat, drink, mingle!
- The Film Company: Film and video training, underwater and land.
- Black Moon Culture: Rave on the beach in Baan Tai once a month!
- Agama Yoga: Life-changing yoga courses in Sri Thanu.
- Loy Fa Resort: Relaxing retreat with private beach in Sri Thanu.
- Lanta Animal Welfare: Volunteer to help stray cats and dogs on Koh Lanta – for free accommodation, next to Time for Lime!
- The Yoga Barn: Yoga in a magical setting of the Ubud Rice fields. Also the organizers of Bali Spirit Festival.
Our ambassadors Chase and Charla and friends at the Bali Spirit Festival 2014
- Joma Bakery Café: Great coffee and food in Luang Prabang, Vientiane (also in Hanoi, Vietnam). The bagel egger is to die for!
- Room 101: Brand new themed club, opening soon in Vang Vieng.
- Inya Day Spa & Thaya Day Spa: Relax and take a break from Yangon’s busy streets.
The staff at Inya Day Spa present the latest relaxing read!
- Jeep Cambodia: Unique way to explore Cambodia’s countryside.
- Sister Srey Café: English-run cafe that supports Khmer students.
- The Peace Café: Meeting place for yoga, meditation, cooking classes and healthy vegetarian food.
- The Blue Pumpkin: Croissants, bagels and delicious sandwiches!
- Scuba Nation: English-run Dive School exploring Cambodia’s underwater treasures.
- Hanoi Backpackers’ Hostel: Run by Aussies, perhaps one of the best hostel experiences in SEA!
- Green Kiwi Backpacker Hostel: Run by a Kiwi – great friendly hostel!
BACKPACKER BOOKINGS PARTNERS:
Over at our sister trip booking website, Backpacker Bookings, we work with the best adventure companies in South East Asia. The trips you will book from here are tried and tested, guaranteed fun and backpacker friendly. Some of the companies we work with include:
- Tru Travels – Group adventure trips in Thailand & beyond.
- Free and Easy Traveler – huge group trips, famous for spontaneity and wild fun.
- Backpacking Through Thailand – Ultimate group backpacker trips in Thailand.
- Cambodia Jeep Tours – Explore Angkor Wat ruins by WWII American army jeep.
- Stray Travel Asia – Hop on and hop off bus adventures through South East Asia.
- The Bamboo Project – Travel and volunteering projects across Asia.
- Thailand Yoga Holidays – Yoga retreats in northern Thailand.
- Roctopus Dive – Dive Courses in Koh Tao, Thailand.
- Go Beyond Asia – Unique and off the beaten track travel experiences in Asia.
- Vietnam Backpackers Hostels – Backpacker style tours and cruises in Vietnam.