- A deposit payment is required to secure a placement on the TEFL Certificate Course.
- The due date of payment of the deposit will be advised by email once the application has been accepted and processed.
- The deposit can be paid by credit card via PayPal or bank transfer.
- If paid by bank transfer, all bank fees must be met by the payer.
- The accepted currency for Payment via PayPal is Thai Baht.
- The accepted currencies for payment by cash are Thai Baht, British Pounds, Euros or U.S. Dollars.
- As a service to it’s trainees, S.E.A Backpacker can source accommodation on their behalf if requested by the trainee. If the resort manager requests advance payment for booking accommodation, we will inform the trainee at the time such a request is made.
Balance of Course Fees:
- If you haven’t paid the course fee in full prior to arrival, the balance must be paid before the second day of your course.
- The preferred method of payment is Paypal, though we do accept cash – Thai Baht, British Pounds or US Dollars.
- The balance amount in Thai Baht will be calculated on day one of your course using the current exchange rate.
- The balance can be paid by bank transfer (again, all bank fees to be met by the payer), however this must be done at least 7 days before the course start date. Requests to pay by bank transfer after that date will be declined. If the conversion rate on the date of the transfer differs from the conversion rate on day one of the course, an adjustment will be made either way.
- Failure to pay the balance by the end of day one of the course will result in a Late Payment Penalty of 3% of the balance amount. This penalty will be applied on a daily basis, until the full balance amount is paid.
- Failure to pay the balance by the end of the first week of the course will result in the placement being cancelled.
- The deposit amount is non-refundable
- Deposits are not transferable to third parties.
- If you are unable to attend the selected course, so long as you give at least 30 days notice, the deposit can be transferred to another available course date within a period of 12 months from the original course date.
- A refund for the balance amount will only be given under exceptional circumstances, such as serious accident/illness, the urgent necessity to return home (proof of this will need to be provided in order for a refund to be considered, i.e. plane ticket).
- Requests for refunds of the balance payment will be considered on an individual basis. Refunds will not be considered for failure to achieve a pass grade on the course or for the placement being cancelled due to misconduct.
- If a refund of the balance amount is deemed to be appropriate, the amount will be calculated on a pro-rata basis, taking into account the time already expended on the course.
- If a refund of the balance amount is deemed to be appropriate, the remaining accommodation component for the balance of the course will need to be negotiated between the resort manager and trainee, and is at the discretion of, the resort manager, bearing in mind that a revised rate will be applicable – daily rather than monthly. S.E.A Backpacker will take no part in this process.
If you have any further questions about payment please don’t hesitate to Contact Us
Not included in payment of courses are flights, travel insurance & accommodation. We recommend the following partners: