Battambang is one of Cambodia’s most underrated destinations. Located three hours to the south of Siem Reap, this is a stunning countryside destination in an area known as the ‘rice bowl’ of the country. This day tour is a must-do to explore the surrounding countryside and sights!
Day Tour Itinerary
- Your day tour will begin with a village visit, driving a little off-road to see the fishing village and local plantations.
- After that, you will take a ride on the famous Bamboo Train!
- From here your guide will take you on to Wat Banan temple, climbing all 365 stairs to reach the temple plateau for amazing views of the countryside.
- You will then visit the infamous Killing Caves used during the horrific reign of the Khmer Rouge.
- Your last stop for the day is Phnom Sampeav, famed for its incredible bat caves.
- Your guide will take you to his secret mountain spot where you will have a short climb to the top. As the sun sets, watch the millions of bats fly out for their evening meal. It’s an unforgettable sight that you will remember forever.
- Tuk Tuk – hotel pick up at 11am
- English-speaking tour guide
- All entry fees
What’s not included?
- Personal expenses
- Guide & driver tips
What do I need to bring?
- General sun protection (hat, sunscreen, sunglasses)
- Sturdy footwear