Updated September 3rd, 2018.
The Best of The Day Trips from Hoi An to Hue!
Hue is a beautiful historical city in Central Vietnam with many ancient attractions for the culture-loving traveller…
Start time: 7 am
- Pick up at hotels in Hoi An and Da Nang then head to Hue city.
- Along the way, we’ll stop at Hai Van Pass for 15 mins to experience the amazing view known as “Ocean Cloud Pass”.
- Then we’ll stop for just 10 mins at Lang Co beach – the most beautiful beach in Vietnam. (You can come back here to explore later!)
- Upon arrival in Hue, we will visit the Citadel, Hue’s prime attraction, which contains the Imperial City, the Forbidden Purple City and the Emperor’s Private Residence.
- After that, we will take a tour to Thien Mu Pagoda. Considered by many as the unofficial symbol of Hue, Thien Mu is an active Buddhist monastery with origins dating back to 1601.
- One of its most poignant displays is a car belonging to a former monk, who in 1963, drove to Saigon and set himself alight to protest against the South Vietnamese regime and its cruel treatment of Buddhist monks and followers.
- From here, we will go to visit the serene Tu Duc Royal Tomb, designed to blend in with its natural surroundings and built on principles of Feng-Shui.
- We will then head back to Hoi An.
End time: 7 pm