The Lot Flexible Travel Pass is the ultimate in travel flexibility. The pass is valid for up to 12 months from the first day of travel and you can hop on and off as much as you like anywhere along the route. This tour will help you to make the most of your time in Southeast Asia while minimising the stress. The pass includes all transport, 39 nights’ accommodation, an experienced local tour guide, some meals and a selection of top-rated activities in Southeast Asia!
Activities Included on the Lot Flexi Tour:
- Half-day boat tour or bicycle tour of the ancient capital of Ayutthaya
- Entrance fees to Ayutthaya Temples
- Flight of the Gibbon Jungle Zipline Experience in Chiang Mai, Northern Thailand
- Entrance fee to the magnificent White Temple in Chiang Rai, Northern Thailand
- Two Day Slow Boat Cruise on the Mekong River
- Homestay Experience on the Mekong River – this includes meals, activities and a donation to the family
- Entrance fee to Pak Ou Caves, located near Luang Prabang
- “Rice Experience” – Half Day Local Trip in Luang Prabang
- Kuang Si Waterfall Tour (Half Day)
- Visit to the ‘Free the Bears Rescue Centre’ in Luang Prabang
- Tham Jang Cave entry fee, Vang Vieng
- Guided Boat Trip in Kong Lor
- Entry fee to Kong Lor National Park
- Wat Prabat Phonsone (Temple)
- Old Wat Taleow (Temple)
- Hotay Pitok Library in Xe Champhone Wetlands
- Turtle Lake in Xe Champhone
- Monkey Forest in Xe Champhone
- Tad Ngeuang Waterfall, near Pakse
- Wat Phou Temple entrance fee, near Pakse
- Full day Angkor Temple Tour, Siem Reap
- Phare Circus performance and dinner, Siem Reap
- Experience a Cambodian Village – includes homestay, meals, activities and contribution to the village fund
- Sunset river cruise, Kampot
- Entrance fee to S21 Prison and Phnom Penh Killing Fields
- Datanla Waterfall entrance fees, Dalat
- Full day motorcycle city tour, Dalat
- My Lai Memorial entrance fees, near Hoi An
- Riverboat cruise, Hoi An
- Entrance fee to Vinh Moc Tunnels, Dong Hoi
- Thien Duong (Paradise) Cave entrance fees, Phong Nha
- Motorbike tour of Hue
- Boat trip to the Trang An Grottoes, Ninh Binh
- Guided city walking tour of the capital of Hanoi
Our goal is to get you off the beaten track and have authentic local experiences while you travel in Southeast Asia. Our experienced crew have handpicked some amazing locations so that you can see more and do more than the average traveller! We call these our ‘Strademark’ Places!
Strademark Places are: places that you are less likely to find in a guidebook and ones you’ll be talking about long after you’ve returned home and your adventure has ended! To give you some examples of these, see below:
LAOS: Only on a tour with Stray Asia can you visit a tiny, remote Lao village on the banks of the Mekong River and experience traditional village life away from the tourist trail. You can hang out with locals in their own backyard, swim or play football with the kids. A unique part of the village visit is your opportunity to participate in a “Baci Ceremony”, which is a Laotian Welcoming Ritual – an experience most travellers never get to have.
LAOS: Zip through the Kong Lor Cave (Phoun Hin Boun) on a 7-kilometre trip through an incredible underground river! This is considered one of the highlights of travel in Laos, Kong Lor and can be difficult to reach independently.
LAOS: The beautiful wetlands of Xe Champhone wetlands is so remote that sometimes our buses can’t even access it and we have to jump on-board an off-road truck just to get there. It’s one of the best places in Laos to see indigenous wildlife in their natural environment. Visit the Monkey Forest to see the Rhesus Macaque monkeys and see Asiatic Softshell Turtles in Turtle Lake.
LAOS: Don Det (Four Thousand Islands) is a must-visit location in Southern Laos. These landlocked islands scattered in the delta of the mighty Mekong are the perfect place for backpackers to chill out by day and party by night. Also home to Southeast Asia’s biggest waterfall!
CAMBODIA: 20 minutes from Battambang we’ll stay in a local rural village where you can experience traditional Cambodian life.
VIETNAM: Travel to the remote, car-free fishing village of Bai Xep in Qui Nhon Province home to only 650 people. Sunbathe on a beautiful long stretch of white sandy beach, swim in the sea, discover secret waterfalls and learn to sail a traditional Vietnamese round boat.
VIETNAM: Explore colossal caves in Phong Nha Ke Bang National Park including the recently discovered Thien Dong Cave, one of the largest caves in the world! Swim in crystal clear rivers and marvel at the glittering limestone walls, stalagmites, stalactites and an impressive limestone waterfall.
Accommodation is included for 39 nights of the itinerary. We will stay in a mix of family operated guesthouses, hostels, hotels and village homestays.
Accommodation is twin-share (unless you wish to upgrade to a single private room). We cannot match travellers who are not travelling together, so please only book the twin-share option if you are travelling with a companion.
If you choose to hop off anywhere along the route, you’ll need to arrange, and pay for, your own accommodation, however, we are happy to guide you in the right direction with that.