Join us for a spectacular motorbike tour from Kampot to Kampong Trach! View the magnificent caves and mountains of this beautiful province, located approximately 40 kilometres away from Kampot city…
Stop 1: Incredible Circle Cave
On our first stop, your guides will take you to the Circle Cave, a sacred site where local monks frequent. Enter the cave through a pagoda, where you will be able to view sculptures of the Buddha. To exit, your guides will lead you through a secret passageway of the cave (armed with a flashlight!) to safely lead you to your next destination.
Stop 2: Windy Mountain
Once outside Circle Cave, you will be greeted with spectacular scenery all around you. Be sure to photograph the spectacular sharp-edged Windy Mountain! We will then walk uphill to meet a “rockman,” a local man who works with and trades rocks from the area.
Stop 3: Sun and Moon Caves
At our next stop, your guides will lead you to the “Sun and Moon” Caves. At the Sun Cave, you will find a sacred lake, and you have the option of swimming in its clear and cool waters. After a refreshing swim, you will head towards the Moon Cave, where you will view a stunning landscape of mountains, paddy fields, and a lake resembling the moon – a spectacular sight indeed!
Stop 4: Colonial-Era Home and Villas of Kep
Next, we head towards Kep, where your guides will highlight the old French colonial-style homes and villas. Learn more about Kep’s colonial past within the larger context of Cambodia’s political history.
Stop 5: To the Beach!
On our final stop, we’ll take you to one of Kep’s beaches—a great place to relax and unwind! You are more than welcome to swim here before we head back to Kampot city, just in time to catch the sunset!
- Estimated distance: 70km
- Environment: Flat terrain, dirt road.
- Fitness level: 2.5 / 5
- Guide(s) to driving ratio: 1 guide to 5 riders
- Departure time: 8:00am
- Return time: 5:00pm
Due to the physical nature of our trips, it is extremely important that you are in good physical health and therefore able to fully participate in group riding. Prior to the start of your tour and at every trip stop during your tour, every rider is required to provide details of any pre-existing medical conditions or to inform the tour leader if he/she feels unwell. Disclosure of this information is extremely important so as to ensure that we can act effectively in the case of an emergency.
Butterfly Tours is a leading bike tour company in Cambodia operated and owned by a group of university students. Visitors taking our tours are guaranteed an experience like no other; besides viewing truly local and stunning sights, you will simultaneously be supporting an eco-friendly and sustainable effort that directly benefits rural Cambodian communities.
Butterfly Tours goes beyond being an ordinary tour company. As advocates of young Cambodian leadership, we believe in the power of education and the development of entrepreneurship. Our stance reflects the ultimate aim of our company: To create local, empowered, and independent Cambodian employers and employees who will ultimately contribute to the development of Cambodia’s local economy and the environment.
Our tours are specially designed for you to:
- Take a relaxing bike ride through local Cambodian villages in Battambang, Siem Reap, and Kampot—away from the usual tourist hotspots
- View and photograph magnificent scenery of the Cambodian countryside
- Observe Cambodia’s rural ways of life—visit local temples and learn about the variety of cottage industries, as well as our rich agricultural livelihoods
- Immerse yourself in “the local”—sample authentic Cambodian cuisine and learn about our unique Khmer customs and culture!
- Meet friendly Cambodian children and villagers!
Our tours benefit local Cambodian communities:
- We train local students and youths to be your guides, in turn offering them employment and leadership opportunities
- We personally nurture and develop leadership and managerial skills of our Butterfly team members, who are made up of Cambodian youths from the countryside
- Within villages, we engage local Cambodians to share their knowledge and skills with us, who in turn share them with you when you take our tours!
On a larger scale, our tours seek to:
- Educate visitors on the socio-cultural and economic landscape of Cambodia
- Deepen visitors’ knowledge on local Cambodian cultures and customs
- Support the integrity of local cultures by favouring businesses and local goods that conserve the cultural heritage and traditional values of Cambodia
- Support the local economy through the purchase of local goods from small Cambodian businesses
- Conserve the local environment by engaging businesses that are eco-friendly and sustainable
- Develop sustainable forms of tourism that create more jobs and support local Cambodian trade and investment