Khao Sok Floating Bungalow Trip Itinerary
- Arrive in Khao Sok for check in and be shown to your room at the lovely Coco Hostel.
- After nightfall, we head to the National Park for a night safari, where we’ll look for nocturnal animals.
- On this day your activities start at 7pm in the evening so we advise that you arrive at Coco Hostel in the afternoon to give you time to check in and relax before your adventure begins.
- 9am – Kick off the day with a full breakfast and then set off for an overnight trip to Cheow Lan Lake. Stop along the way at a traditional morning market to look around and buy some snacks for the boat trip.
- 10am – Arrive at Rachaprabha Dam and hop aboard a long-tail boat.You’ll be awe-struck by the incredible scenery on the boat ride to the raft house and floating bungalows – a fairytale landscape that you will never forget!
- 12 noon – Enjoy a tasty lunch of fresh fish from the lake, and delicious vegetables. (Vegetarian options available).
- 1:30pm – After lunch, take a hike through the pristine jungle, where you will explore a secret cave that is decorated with fantastic rock formations and sparkling waterfalls.
- 5pm – After returning to the rafthouse, go for an afternoon wildlife safari by long-tail boat to explore more of the amazing scenery and karsts. Swimming involved.
- 7pm – Enjoy a delicious dinner and then overnight on the lake in floating bungalows. Fall asleep to the gentle sounds of the forest.
Please note: The floating bungalows are very rustic and do not offer private bathrooms.
- 6:30am – After an early morning wake up, you’ll go on a morning mist safari! Head out for a guided kayak trip (or long-tail boat ride) to see langurs leaping from trees and giant orchids in the canopy. Spot giant hornbills, monkeys, and gibbons feeding in the trees before breakfast.
- 8:30am – Breakfast followed by your choice of kayaking or relaxing and swimming in the emerald green waters.
- 12 noon – Lunch.
- 1pm – Travel back across the lake. Along the way, your boat driver will show you some more hidden bays and rock formations that make the lake so special. Arrive at Rachaprabha Dam and take a car back to Khao Sok village.
- 2pm – Arrive at Coco Hostel where the tour finishes.
- Accommodation: 1 night in Coco Hostel. 1 night in the floating bungalows on Cheow Lan Lake.
- All meals on Day 2. Breakfast + lunch on Day 3. (Vegetarian and vegan food available)
- English speaking guide.
- Transport to Cheow Lan Lake.
- All activities – trekking, caving, kayaking etc.
What’s Not Included?
- Entrance fee to Khao Sok National Park – (300 THB) must be paid upon entrance to the national park.
- Alcoholic beverages.
- Dinner on Day 1.
Optional extra: If you would like a transfer from Surat Thani Airport to Coco Hostel, the cost will be an extra 350 THB per person (paid on the day) and there will be someone holding a card with your name on and waiting for you at the airport. To book this transfer, please type the request in the ‘Additional Information’ box when booking the tour through this page.
What to bring
- Sun protection – hat, sunscreen, long sleeves
- Plastic bag for clothes and other dry items
- Headlamp or torch
- Hiking clothes – these will get dirty!
- Hiking shoes (we recommend tennis/running shoes)
- Mosquito repellent for hiking
- Extra clothes to wear in the van (it can get cold with the A/C)
- Towel – the floating raft houses can’t always guarantee they’ll provide one.
Special Requirements: If you have any special requirements (dietary, physical, etc.) please include these in the “additional information” box when you place your order.
Please note: The above price is per person, based on a minimum of 2 people. For single travellers, a single supplement of 900 THB applies in the very unlikely scenario that there is no one else to join the activity. (P.S. In 2 years we have never had a situation where a traveller has paid the single supplement as we have always managed to get groups together for this very popular and amazing trip!)