Updated November 18th, 2017.
The largest of the three Gilis, Gili Trawangan is famed for being the party island and hoards of backpackers head there each and every year to let their hair down. Within walking distance of the bright lights and pumping music (but just far enough away that you don’t hear it all), La Boheme is a quirky and fun hostel that is a great base for your time on the island.
As soon as you walk through their friendly doors, La Boheme’s staff are on hand to ensure you have a comfortable and enjoyable stay. The colourful and authentic décor really sets the ambience of the hostel and the central hub is always filled with people making pancakes, chatting with friends or having a beer before they hit the bars on the beach.
Why is La Boheme, Gili Trawangan a Best Hostel?
1. A full programme of evening events: While many spend their evenings partying on Gili T, the hostel host early evening events that are fun to do whether you enjoy a drink or not. From big bonfires on the beach, a guided hill walk to see spectacular views and an amazing sunset to everyone’s favourite – beer pong – there’s an event for everyone and even better they’re all free!
2. Delicious food (and discounts) at Le Petit Restaurant: Choosing where to eat out can sometimes be overwhelming, especially on Gili T where the harbour is lined with restaurants. Your decision is made easier as La Boheme also has its own fabulous beach front restaurant serving Indonesian and Western food. You’ll be spoilt for choice, from mouth-watering burgers (if you’re craving home comforts!) to traditional rice and noodle dishes. As a guest of the hostel, you’ll also receive exclusive discounts on their special dishes!
3. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff at La Boheme: There’s plenty to see and do on the island of Gili Trawangan and La Boheme’s team help make sure you get the best of it, without breaking the bank. The best way to explore the island is by bicycle and you won’t have to venture far to rent one, as La Boheme can organise rental right at their reception. If you’re more of a water baby then they can also organise an amazing snorkelling trip where you might even see some turtles if you’re lucky!
4. Smaller dorm room sizes = more personal space: We all know it can get a bit overbearing staying in 12-bed dorms every night when you’re travelling and personal space seems like a distant memory. Fear not, at La Boheme the maximum occupancy in each dormitory room is three. Each room has plenty of space for all your belongings and you are guaranteed a peaceful and comfy nights sleep (unless you’re partying on the beach!).
5. Bag pick up on arrival and departure: The short walk from the boat to the hostel is made even easier by the staff at La Boheme, who happily greet you at the shore and carry your bags back to the hostel, just what you need when it’s super hot outside. When it’s time to leave, the hostel once again personally escort you back to the harbour. Yet another example of the staff going the extra mile to ensure your stay at La Boheme Gili Trawangan is unforgettable!
Address: La Boheme, Gili Trawangan, Gili Indah, Pemenang, North Lombok Regency, West Nusa Tenggara 83352, Indonesia
Email: [email protected]
Join Our Community
Add purpose to your travels.
Do you want to find out about free opportunities to review hostels and experiences, as well as keep up to date with the latest travel news in Southeast Asia & get special offers on trips? Thought so!