Once a resort for the people of Thailand, Suandoi Backpacker Resort has evolved into an international resort for travellers in the hippie-friendly town of Pai. Created from the visions of a brother and sister team and surrounded by luscious greenery, Suandoi Backpacker Resort is the ultimate place for relaxation!
Pai’s popularity has increased massively in the last decade and it is now a place packed with cute cafes, quirky bars and interesting souvenir stalls (check out our destination guide to Pai for more things to do and see in the area). After a day of exploring or waterfall dipping in the surrounding countryside, Suandoi is the perfect retreat.
What makes Suandoi one of Thailand’s Best Hostels?
1. Free morning yoga: Why not start your day as the hippies do, with a bit of yoga to get your mind relaxed before a chilled out day in Pai. Suandoi’s yoga class starts every morning at 9:30 am (whenever an instructor is available) and is suitable for novices or the more experienced yogi. The class takes place outside in the fresh (pollution-free) Pai air and sets you up perfectly for the day.
2. Get around on Suandoi’s free shuttle bus: It’s all about the added extras at Suandoi Backpacker Resort! The resort provides a free shuttle bus from the bus stop to their hostel every day. No longer do you have to wallop around with your heavy backpacks, trying to find your hostel, or spend half an hour bartering with a taxi driver. Just let them know what time you’ll be arriving in Pai and you’ll be greeted at the bus stop by a friendly face and a lift to the hostel.
3. There’s so much to do in Pai… but Suandoi will book it for you! Pai offers so much to do and see, and after your first day here it becomes very clear why so many travellers extend their stay. From the magnificent caves to the impressive landscape of Pai canyon, the team at Suandoi are able to advise and book you onto a tour to see it all and at a really competitive price. They’ll even arrange to pick up and drop off right at the hostel’s reception, it couldn’t be any easier!
4. Thai food to make your taste buds tingle: Suandoi has its own on-site restaurant, and it’s definitely a foodie destination not to miss. Their Pad Thai is one of the tastiest you’ll find in Thailand and their mixed fruit shake is great on a hot afternoon. And of course, there’s the usual offering of Western food if you’re craving a taste of home.
5. Buy a drink, get a free kebab! Enjoy a cheap drink at Suandoi’s cool night bar, and on some nights you might even get a free kebab with it! The cocktails, beer and good music will surely get you ready for a night out in town and it’s especially a great place to meet other travellers!
Costs at Suandoi Backpacker Resort, Pai:
- 200 baht for a bunk bed in 12/8-bed mixed dorm deluxe, including air-conditioning, hot showers, lockers and a towel.
- 270 baht for a basic single room, with one double mattress, a fan, towel and shared bathroom.
- 350 baht for a basic twin room, with two single beds, fan, towel and shared bathroom.
- 450-600 baht for a double standard room, with double bed, fan, towels, TV, hot shower and a balcony.
- 600-800 for double or twin deluxe room, with hot shower, air conditioning, towels and either a garden view or a balcony.
Join Our Community
Add purpose to your travels.
Do you want to find out about free opportunities to review hostels and experiences, as well as keep up to date with the latest travel news in Southeast Asia & get special offers on trips? Thought so!