GDPR compliance:South East Asia Backpacker is managed with adherence to the European Union’s new data regulations, GDPR, in effect as of 25th May 2018. By signing up as a vendor to our website you agree to comply fully with the GDPR regulations (full document available here). For vendors this will mean the following:
- When a customer books through our website, the vendor (you) will be sent the customer’s name and email address. You may also be sent additional ‘customer order notes’ such as pick-up address, diet requirements or other information that is relevant to the trip booking.
- Under GDPR regulations you must agree to amend or delete the customer’s data if they email you asking you to do so.
- You can email the customer only with regards to the particular trip that they have booked. You are not allowed to contact them for any other reason than to confirm travel arrangements or ask for information related to the trip that they have booked. You cannot sign them up to a newsletter, unless they specifically give you consent to do so, nor can you send them any promotional material, nor can you pass their email address on to any 3rd party.
- The only data that we are allowed to take from the customer is the information that they give us at checkout. If you require further details from them, such as flight details, passport number or bank details, you must email the customer directly, without copying us in. We are not allowed to ask for additional information ourselves. It is your responsibility to handle the data that you obtain from the customer after the booking in accordance with the GDPR.
Commission:We take a basic commission for every trip sold through South East Asia Backpacker based on the type of trip/service/product that you intend to sell.
Cancelling the partnership:Either party (SEA Backpacker or the vendor) can cancel the partnership at any time.
How bookings work:When the customer books your experience via our website, you will receive an email with the customer’s name and email and their chosen date to do the trip. The customer will pay a deposit via their credit or debit card online. The deposit is a percentage of the total amount of the trip, which has been agreed as SEA Backpacker’s commission. This deposit will remain in a ‘pending’ state (no money will be debited from the customer’s account) for 48 hours until the trip date has been confirmed by you with the customer. During this time, it is up to you to contact the customer promptly and confirm the details of the trip. You should let the customer know if, for any reason, you cannot make the date/availability that they require. If you cannot make the date, then you can suggest another date to them. As long as you are in dialogue with the customer we will hold the deposit until the details have been confirmed. When all is confirmed with the customer – you should collect any missing information that you need to complete the booking – such as pick up place/hotel address/passport or visa number. SEA Backpacker is not responsible for chasing the customer to retrieve this information. IMPORTANT: Please cc. us in any replies to the customer so that we can keep track.
Changing the trip type:During the 48 hour period (whilst the deposit is pending), the customer is able to make amends to the booking they have made i.e. change to a different trip if the one that they have chosen is not available, or downgrade/upgrade to a trip that has a different price. However, once the trip details have been agreed between you and the vendor and the deposit has been accepted, the customer cannot change to a different trip with a different price.
Confirming the trip and collecting remaining paymentOnce the trip date and other details have been agreed, you can send the customer any extra details that they will need before departing on your trip. The customer can either pay the remaining amount on arrival or beforehand if you require. It is your responsibility to collect the final payment and SEA Backpacker does not chase late payments from customers.
Cancellation policy for the customerThe deposit for the customer is refundable. However, there will be a small cancellation fee applied (which is what Paypal/Stripe charge us to accept payment in the first place) which is around 5% of the total amount that the customer paid to us. Any refund of the customer’s second payment, which goes directly to you, is under your control and based on your own Ts and Cs. You must make this clear to the customer when they make the payment.
SEA Backpacker liabilityOnce the trip is confirmed, we accept no responsibility for any customer complaints or for anything which may go wrong for the customer during your trip. Nor, do we accept any responsibility for anything that may go wrong in the interim period between the customer confirming their trip with you and their departure date. The customer contract is solely with the vendor and it is the vendor’s responsibility to reply promptly to any enquiries the customer may have about their trip before they depart. Please read the full Terms and Conditions for our customers here.
We do not support the following product/services on our website:
- Elephant riding/trekking.
- Animal tourism, such as snake shows, monkey shows, tiger shows etc.
- Orphanage tourism.
- Any volunteering with children.
IMPORTANT: To promote your trips with South East Asia Backpacker, we ask that you guarantee that the price you display is the same as the lowest price that can be found anywhere else online. If we find that the trip is being sold for less on another bookings website, we have the right to lower the price of your trip to match that bookings website.