The South East Asia Backpacker Community have tried and tested adventures across the region and handpicked a selection of only the BEST companies to work with.
Why did we choose to work with Komodo Dive Center?
Regular South East Asia Backpacker writer, Samantha Lego (author of such classics as “The Beginners Guide To The Bum Gun” and “Been There Don Det“) came back from her recent trip to Flores and Komodo singing the praises of this fantastic dive company.
The team at Komodo Dive Center consists of a mix of local and western in-house instructors, happy to conduct PADI courses in English, German, French, Italian and Indonesian. Other languages on request!
All their dive guides are certified PADI Divemasters in teaching status and bring along years of guiding experience in “Komodo National Park”
They provide top of the line underwater photography equipment in case you wish to rent a still or video camera. If you are a beginner, their guides and instructor will be happy to help you out with some tips and tricks to help catch that perfect snap!
Komodo Dive Center has a variety of boats, ranging from relaxing wooden cruisers (equipped with sofas and beanbags) to 600HP speedboats.
They pride themselves in offering their customers the opportunity to dive in quiet conditions, avoiding busy spots/times and making sure that crowded waters are not an issue.
In-house dive shop features:
- Air-conditioned dry room for your dive equipment
- Air-conditioned editing room for photographers, including individual desks, lamps
- In addition, there is a WiFi router in the camera room so you can upload and send out
your fantastic shots.
- Wet section with individual dive baskets, wetsuit and BCD hangers. Picture/s)
- Large antibacterial rinse tanks to wash the dive equipment and underwater photography gear.