Learn Traditional Thai Massage in Phuket!
- Course type: Basic course
- Duration: 30 hours across 5 days
- Massage style: Relaxing (TTMS style)
- Start Date: Courses will usually begin on a Monday but this may vary according to the month.
If you are looking to learn how to administer the perfect Thai massage – look no further! Suai Thai Massage Training Centre is based in Phuket and offers courses to locals and travellers looking to embark on a new career path or who want to learn a new skill. Students can attend lessons in English and will learn about the basics of traditional Thai massage.
What Will I Learn?
During the course you will learn:
- The fundamental postures required
- The technique behind the pressing
- Simple stretches commonly used
- SEN (energy line) for Thai massage
- How to give massages to people in the following positions:
- Laying on back
- Laying on side
- Laying on stomach
- Sitting down
- How to massage legs, arms, waist, back, shoulders, neck and head
Aside from providing students with the practical side of learning Thai massage, this course also covers Thai massage prayer, different hand positions, energy lines in the body and the role of a good Thai masseuse. This basic course which will give you a good grounding in the skills and knowledge needed to train to be a professional Thai masseuse or simply reach a basic level of competency in a new hobby. You will be issued with a certificate upon your competition of the course.
About Suai Thai Massage Training Centre
Suai Thai Massage Training Centre offers TTMS style massage training by experienced and qualified teachers and masseuses. They have been training students since 2004. They are located in the Kathu area of Phuket, in between Patong Beach and Phuket Town. This small village is not unknown on the traveller scene but rarely visited in comparison to the nearby tourist hotspots. Studying at the school will give travellers a more authentic look at Thai life.
Suai Thai do not include accommodation in their packages but students looking to stay in the area for longer can ask the staff for recommendations. The most popular area for travellers to stay is in Patong Beach, which is around a 10-minute taxi journey from Suai Thai Massage Training Centre.