Updated October 29th, 2017.
Found on the Indonesian island of Lombok, La Boheme is exactly what the name suggests… a laid back and super friendly backpacker hostel, situated on the outskirts of the traditional village of Mentigi on the Western coast of Lombok.
Why is La Boheme, Lombok a Best Hostel?
La Boheme was one of the first hostels to be opened on the island and is perfectly located only a short scooter ride away from some of the island’s most popular attractions (think markets, waterfalls, sandy beaches and more!). What really makes this the hostel unique is the amazing welcome staff give. Every member of the team seems to want to go above and beyond in order to make your stay amazing. You’ll leave La Boheme with more than great memories, but also a whole new group of friends!
1. ‘La Boheme’ – In English, the name of this hostel roughly translates to ‘a simple, moneyless way of life’. And while beds aren’t free in their clean and simple dorm rooms, you certainly get a lot for your money here. Fantastic communal areas, a private beach and a cinema for those evenings when you just fancy chilling out…
2. Amazing Communal Areas – La Boheme boasts four communal areas, great for making friends and sharing travel tips with other backpackers. They have a lovely shaded area littered with giant comfy bean bags, a perfect spot for reading, writing your travel diary or simply chilling out. Another area decorated with oriental-style umbrellas and wooden benches is the perfect spot to enjoy your morning coffee or perhaps an ice cold beer in the evening.
3. Street Food Delivered to Your Door – After a long day exploring, sometimes the last thing you want to do is venture back out to find something to eat. Fear not! La Boheme has a fantastic street food delivery service, whereby they can order local street food to be delivered to the hostel. And it certainly won’t put a dent in your backpacker-budget!
4. Little Unexpected Extras – From free pancakes to tea and coffee on tap all day, snorkel hire and even a free boat transfer to Gili Trawangan, La Boheme really looks after their guests (and their purses!). Guided tours to the best sunset and snorkel spots around the area as well as bonfires on the beach and visits to the local market are all complimentary features of the hostel which make it rate so highly with backpackers.
5. La Boheme’s Movie Night – If you’re after a quiet night in or feeling a little homesick, then the hostel’s movie projector and DVD selection is a sure way to help you wind down. Choose your favourite film and relax on their comfy bean bags with a cup of tea (or a beer, of course!).
Prices: Bed in 6-bed mixed dorm from $11 USD. Bed in 8-bed mixed dorm with AC from $13 USD.
- Address: La Boheme Mentigi, Lombok, Indonesia.
- Tel: +62 81907 258 632.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join Our Community
Add purpose to your travels.
Do you want to find out about free opportunities to review hostels and experiences, as well as keep up to date with the latest travel news in Southeast Asia & get special offers on trips? Thought so!