Nestled in the heart of Ubud, a culturally rich and vibrant town with streets laden with warungs, markets and of course, scooters, Depa House is a home away from home.
Voted best hostel in Indonesia by Hostel World in 2016 it’s clear to see exactly why Depa House is so popular. From the amazing rooms to the lovely people who run it, there’s no better place to stay during your visit to Ubud. The facilities and service you receive (all on a travellers’ budget) make this hostel truly exceptional – you’ll feel like you’re staying at a hotel rather than a hostel.
Why does Depa House, Bali Make Our Best Hostel List?
1. Spacious Private Rooms on a Shoestring – While Depa House calls itself a Hostel, it certainly doesn’t look like your traditional backpacker haunt and there’s not a dorm room in sight. Instead, each room has its own double bed, a glorious hot shower in an en suite bathroom, a fan and even a private balcony to sit and have a (free!) coffee on in the morning. For hostel prices, you get a little taste of luxury and you’ll definitely find yourself not wanting to leave.
2. The Perfect Location – Tucked away down a side street that leads to one of Ubud’s main roads, the sound of birds are all you will hear in the morning and the surrounding scenery makes you feel as though you are staying in a secluded Indonesian village! That said, just down the path you’ll find yourself a five-minute walk away from the famous Monkey Forest, while in the opposite direction you’re on the doorstep of some of the best restaurants and markets in Bali.
3. A Delicious Free Breakfast (and Jaffle!) – Depa House’s free breakfast is cooked fresh for guests every morning, and it wouldn’t look out of place served up in a five-star hotel. A fresh plate of tropical fruit served with an omelette and banana jaffle (a banana toastie!) or pancake is just what you need to start the day right. And if you fancy a late morning, don’t panic; breakfast is served until 11 am.
4. Trips and Tours – It can be overwhelming when you’re faced with the many tour vendors dotted on every street in Ubud; how can you know where to begin or who to book with? Depa House make this process easy, by offering to organise all your desired trips and transport for less than the high street prices. Whether you’re a glutton for punishment and fancy trekking up one of the volcanoes or instead would like a private tour of some of Ubud’s famous landmarks, just speak to Depa House’s manager Gede, who will be happy to arrange everything for you.
5. Cheap Scooter Rental – Even though Depa House has a great location, there are still the rice terraces, waterfalls and many other beautiful attractions to explore outside of Ubud. One of the best ways to get around is by scooter, giving you total freedom to stop for photos wherever you please. Depa House have scooters available to rent (with helmets) for a very competitive price.
- For more information about Depa House, visit their Facebook page or email them at – [email protected]
- You can check rates and availability on Booking.com.
- Or, you can check rates on Agoda.
Join Our Community
Add purpose to your travels.
Do you want to find out about free opportunities to review hostels and experiences, as well as keep up to date with the latest travel news in Southeast Asia & get special offers on trips? Thought so!