Updated October 29th, 2017.
After opening in 2008, Lub d Hostel has asserted itself as one of the leading hostels in Thailand with fantastic reviews of both of their two hostels located in heart of Bangkok. Such a large city obviously has different draws for different people, but it’s an advantageous choice for those who want to be close to attractions, world class shopping opportunities as well as the MRT & BTS lines. Located on a quiet side street of Silom in an unassuming building containing bright colours and industrial design, housing 98 beds in over 36 rooms! There’s also a fantastic little restaurant opposite the front door.
Why is Lub d Hostel, Bangkok a Best Hostel?
1. Location, location location! Being located in Silom (and also Siam Square) Means you’re in the heart of Bangkok, walking distance from MRT & BTS transport connections, which mean you can get the metro pretty much anywhere from Hualampong train station and Chinatown all the way across to Chatachuk Weekend Markets and Suvarnabhumi international airport. There’s no need to deal with expensive taxi’s and ‘broken’ meters or worry about tuk-tuks at all! (The Lubd chain also has another fully equipped hostel in the Siam Square area.)
2. Washing area: Lubd have an in-house self-service laundry room where you can do your washing in comfort without having to worry about the language. They even have a happy hour on the bar in the evenings as well as complimentary hot drinks to make it more relaxing when you just can’t put the washing off for another day!
3. Great staff: Lubd Hostel have experienced, knowledgeable local staff who know what to see, where to go and how to get there. An invaluable resource for those looking to get the most out of Bangkok, especially for first-time visitors and those making Bangkok their first stop on a big trip.
They are also able to book trips, transport and offer suggestions for your next stops in Thailand.
4. Great facilities: If it’s just too humid outside, or you’ve worn yourself out all day trawling around the sights there’s plenty to amuse you at Lub d. Not only do they have a bar (with happy hour) and general hang out area to meet other travellers, but WiFi throughout the building, and a cinema room with popcorn and bean bags! The sleeping options vary from mixed dorms, female only dorms and beautifully presented en-suite private rooms.
5. Left luggage: If you’ve just arrived and realised you’ve brought way too much stuff for a quick trip around the region then you’re welcome to leave luggage, for two months absolutely free. That’s also a great option if you’ve bought bulky, or fragile souvenirs.
Lub d Siam Square: Lub d’s second hostel, Lub d Hostel Siam Square was also reviewed by the SEA Backpacker Team back in June 2014. Check out the review here!
- Bed in 4-bed mixed or female dorm from $10 USD.
- Standard room with shared bathroom from $33 USD.
Contact details of both Lub d Bangkok Hostels:
- Lub d Silom: 4 Decho Road, Bangkok 10500. / Telephone: +66 (0) 2634 7999 / Email: email@example.com.
- Lub d – Siam Square: 925/9 Rama 1 Road, Bangkok 10330. / Telephone: +66 (0) 2612 4999 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join Our Community
Add purpose to your travels.
Do you want to find out about free opportunities to review hostels and experiences, as well as keep up to date with the latest travel news in Southeast Asia & get special offers on trips? Thought so!