Are you in need of a travel expert?
Planning a backpacking trip can be stressful. Which countries will you travel? How much money will you spend? Will you have enough time? And most importantly, is it safe?
If you’ve trawled the internet and can’t find the answer you’re looking for to a specific question, or you just need to talk to someone who is familiar with travel in Southeast Asia to help you plan – then we are here to help!
Your call will be answered by Nikki Scott, the owner and founder of South East Asia Backpacker Magazine who has been living and travelling in South East Asia for over five years. Exploring every nook and cranny of the region, she can advise on the places to travel that will suit you, things to be aware of whilst planning your trip.
Speaking to someone who has travelled and lived in a country before you book that flight, can make a HUGE difference to your trip. It can save you time, money and ensure that you make the most out of your travels, without second-guessing from what you’ve read online.
If you want to create the trip of your dreams – make sure you get the best advice before you go! If something is niggling you and preventing you from booking that ticket – clear your mind and speak to a friendly, experienced voice!
Note from Nikki: “Before I set off on my first solo adventure at age 23 to Asia, starting in Kathmandu, Nepal, I worried about everything and anything that could go wrong! Would the bus crash? Would I get rabies? Would I get mugged? As I fell in love with the backpacking lifestyle and my pre-travel worries became distant memories, I wished I could have spoken to a fellow anxious traveller, who had ‘been there, done that’ and could have put my mind at ease! I harboured so many unnecessary fears.” (I’m now 32 by the way).
Our Travel Expert can help budding travellers with:
- Planning an itinerary for your backpacking trip in South East Asia. Places to miss out and places that you shouldn’t miss out on!
- Finding out the best places to go that will best suit your personality and what you are looking for on your trip.
- Point you in the direction of the best hostels, tour companies and well-respected adventure centres (yoga courses, dive schools, rock climbing centres) – and also tell you scams to be aware of!
- Fallen in love with South East Asia and want to stay? We can give potential expats advice about visas, jobs, volunteer opportunities and how to go about renting apartments.
- Terrified of cockroaches / snakes / catching malaria / being scammed? We can put your mind at ease and give you advice so that you won’t get in trouble! Also put your Mum’s mind at ease too!
- We don’t know EVERYTHING. However, with our vast network of traveller and expat connections across Southeast Asia – we can try to find out the answer for you. If you ask a question that we don’t know the answer to, we will try our best to find out and follow up with an email within the next seven days.
What do we charge for a call? Standard calls cost $1 USD / minute.
How to schedule a call? You can schedule a call with us here. (We have an account at Clarity and you’ll need to sign up for a free account with them in order to reach us.)
Disclaimer: We will give advice to traveller’s to the best of our ability and according to our own experience. In the unlikely situation that something goes wrong on your trip, we cannot be held responsible.