Get ready for a spicy ride on the Small Chili Mountain Biking Trip!
On this one-day mountain biking trip, you will not only ride some amazing off the beaten track trails, but you will get the chance to discover a different side to Luang Prabang – a rural way of life that has been untouched in this area for centuries.
Cycling is the best way to get off the beaten path and find a unique adventure far away from the tourists in the city! On this ride, you will cycle along the banks of the Mekong, Nam Xuang, and Nam Khan Rivers, riding through jungle and villages on a mix of paved and dirt road.
Luang Prabang, 1-Day Bike Trip – Day Itinerary
- You will meet your guide in the early morning to equip you with a top quality mountain bike. Choose your perfect riding partner for the day and of course, a helmet.
- We will then begin our journey out of town heading north along the Mekong River.
- After crossing the old communist bridge in Luang Prabang, we will make a stop to visit Xieng Lek Village, which is famous for its mulberry paper and weaving.
- After leaving the village, we will ride alongside the Nam Xuang River, passing through more small villages and beautiful countryside scenery.
- Soon after, the pavement comes to an end and we continue off-road into the countryside on a dirt trail which undulates up and down, passing by rice paddies and local villages.
- We will stop for lunch and then continue our ride through vast rice paddies and jungles dotted with Lao Loum, Hmong, and Khmu tribal villages.
- Here, you will see locals tending to the daily activities of agrarian life.
- The last leg of today’s ride will take us along the beautiful Nam Khan River back towards Luang Prabang.
- Before entering the city, we will make on last stop at the stunning Wat Phon Phao Temple with its huge golden stupa and an incredible view overlooking the whole of Luang Prabang.
- We descend into the city and return to the bike shop to finish a spectacular day of varied bike riding!
Please Note: The price above is the price for a ‘group trip’, which means that there needs to be at least 2 travellers for this trip to run. If you are booking for 2 people or more, your trip date and price is guaranteed. If you are a solo traveller, we will try to team you with another group that is already running, in order to reduce costs. This may mean that we suggest an alternative date to you. If there is no-one else to join the trip or you prefer a solo bike ride you will need to cover the cost of two people on the trip. We will let you know the situation at the time of booking and can offer a full deposit refund to solo travellers who we are not able to team with a group if they prefer not to pay the extra fee.