Experience an adrenalin-fuelled activity in a tropical rainforest with this one-day rock climbing adventure!
This activity is designed to be an exclusive booking session so we tailor the outing to suit your objectives. Though this booking is for up to 5 people, we can take more people along on this day trip from KL, please note your group size when you make your booking. If you’re a beginner or an advanced climber, or even if you have never even climbed before, we’re here to make sure that you enjoy your experience. Harness, helmets, climbing shoes, ropes and chalk are all included in the price, but if you have your own you’re welcome to bring them too. We are experienced and certified outdoor guides, so rest assured that we will always put your safety first!
- The price of $178 USD is for a group of 1-5 people.
- There’s an additional $25 for every additional person after this.
- Our maximum capacity is 15 people.
About Bukit Takun, Malaysia
Located 30 minutes North of Kuala Lumpur, beyond the tourist attraction of the famous Batu Caves… You will see an abundance of limestone crags surrounded by dense jungle which are home to hundreds of awesome climbing routes! This is one of the best places to climb in Peninsular Malaysia and not many backpackers know about it! From this location, you will get epic views of the city and experience a completely different day out in KL. Feel close to nature amidst these beautiful landscapes and feel very far from the busy life of the polluted city. (You can glimpse epic views of the skyscrapers in the distance!)
You’ll need to bring:
- Lots of food and snacks for a day in the jungle!
- Lots of water as you’ll probably sweat a lot! (2 litres recommended.)
- Be sure to bring your camera, as the views are amazing!
- Solid shoes (No flip flops/slippers/thongs please!).
Note: Please be aware that different locations require walks of varying difficulty – when you book this trip, please make sure that you are in a fit and healthy state.
Rock Climbing Day Schedule:
6-Hours from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm – runs every day of the week.
- Food/water. (Bring 2l fluids and all the snacks you need to fuel your climb!)
- Transport. (Please send us a quick message and we’ll tell you how to meet us there!)
Getting to Bukit Takun:
The 150 bus goes from Central KL to ‘Hutan Lipur Sungai Kanching Templer Park’ which is the closest bus stop. This bus can take an hour due to KL traffic and stops. We always recommend to our clients that the quickest way to get there is by catching an uber or grab. Then, go directly to the meeting point and we’ll see you there!
Meeting point: The guard house on Jalan (road) 3/1, Templer Heights. If you are using uber or grab, search for ‘Templer Park Rainforest Retreat’.