This hike departs every day as it is a short hike which does not require trekking experience. It is even suitable for people travelling with children (who greatly enjoy this trek). The group size can vary between 1-40 people.
Below you will find a six-day itinerary for the Chisapapani- Nagarkot Hike which includes your arrival and departure days to and from Nepal, plus a day tour of Kathmandu. However, if you wish to book a hotel in Kathmandu yourself and just want to book the hiking part from days 3-5 (as per the itinerary given below), that is OK. Just contact us!
Day 01. Arrival at Kathmandu airport (1345meters) and hotel transfer (No meals included):
On your arrival at Kathmandu’s Tribhuvan International Airport, you will be greeted by our staff and escorted to your hotel, where one of our leaders or guide will give you a brief orientation of the hotel, Kathmandu, Trek, things you should do & ought not to do and other related information that you might require while in Nepal. You’re free to do whatever you would like in the evening.
Day 02: Full day of Kathmandu sightseeing (Breakfast included):
After your first night in Kathmandu, you will be taken for a full-day guided sightseeing tour of the city. The tour includes visits to Kathmandu Durbar Square, Monkey Temple, Pashupatinath Temple and Boudhanath Stupa, all of these monuments are declared UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Sundarijal, then hike to Chisapani – 4 hours (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner included):
After having breakfast at the hotel in Kathmandu, We will drive to Sundarijal (which takes about an hour) and then start our hike. The trail rises gradually through a pine and oak forest. Shivapuripuri National Park is a good spot for bird watching and some other wild animals can be seen during the hike. From Chisapani, we will see panoramic views of the Himalayas and the valley. Chisapani is home to the Sherpa ethnic group. We will spend the night in a lodge here.
Day 04: Hiking from Chisapani to Nagarkot (2175m) – 6 hours (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner included):
After breakfast at the lodge, we start our hike to Nagarkot, which is about a 6-hour hike. We will stop at Chauki Bhanjyang for lunch after roughly three hours and then continue the charming trails for another three hours towards Nagarkot. We will see the Himalaya range, stretching from Dhaulagiri in the west all the way past Everest to Kanchenjunga in the east, which emerges from the darkness to greet the happy visitor with its awe-inspiring majesty and beauty. We will witness a great sunset from Nagarkot and spend the night at a hotel.
Day 05: Hike from Nagarkot to Chagunarayan before driving to Kathmandu- 5 hours (Breakfast and Lunch included):
We will have a sunrise view early in the morning. Nagarkot lies on top of a hill so it is a good place to see the Himalayan panorama and the Himalayan river valley. After breakfast, we hike for a couple of hours to Chagunarayan Temple, which is very old and artistic, again, listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. After visiting the temple and having lunch, we drive to Kathmandu and check into the hotel.
Day 06.Transfer to international airport for your final flight departure (Breakfast included):
We are sure you will have enjoyed a wonderful holiday that has shown you the true depths of Nepal’s natural beauty & its variety of landscapes in the course of your exotic journeys. We know that you will always remember this combo vacation & will return home to tell stories of your amazing experiences in the incredible Himalayan nation of Nepal. We know that you will return again someday. Bon Voyage!
1) All airport transfers.
2) Three-night hotel in Kathmandu including breakfast.
3) Sightseeing tour in Kathmandu as per itinerary.
4) All accommodation in lodges/tea houses during the trek.
5) Your standard meals during the trek with hot tea/coffee in breakfast.
6) All necessary paper works, National park permits and TIMS permit.
7) Private transportation from Kathmandu to Sundarijal and Chagunarayan to Kathmandu.
8) An experienced, helpful and friendly guide and porters (1 porter for 2 people).
9) Salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transportation and insurance for the guide and porters.
10) Sleeping bag, down jacket, if necessary, (return after the trek).
11) All government taxes, VAT and service charges.
1) Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Kathmandu). You will require 2 passport size photos.
2) Meals (Lunch and Dinner) while you are in Kathmandu.
3) Your personal expenses and entrance fees while you do the sightseeing tour in Kathmandu.
4) All alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks and dessert.
5) International airfare and airport departure tax.
6) Tips for the guide, porter & driver.
7) Any others expenses which are not mentioned in including section.