The Number #1 Cooking Class in Siem Reap on Trip Advisor
The easy ‘home’ Cooking Class made in Cambodia. The course is suitable for chefs of all levels.
Taking place in a Cambodian family house in Siem Reap, Lily’s Secret Garden is a friendly cooking class, only 5 minutes from the centre (most of the city’s hotels are within 10 to 15 minutes away). All ingredients are included and the class is a hands-on experience. This is not one of those classes where you simply watch and learn!
Let our professional Cambodian chefs show you how to cook delicious Khmer dishes.
Enthusiast chef Lily has tailored this course to offer her students the very best of Khmer cuisine. Chef Darwin leads students through the preparation of extremely popular Cambodian dishes. All dishes are made from fresh local ingredients.
Enjoy cooking in a beautiful Cambodian house and its luscious garden.
Students enjoy personalised attention. There is a maximum of 6 participants (up to 8 for families and group of friends on special request only) to ensure that everyone receives the attention they need.
Authentic Khmer experience in a family house.
This is much more than just a cooking class, this is a chance to get off the beaten tourist path and experience something truly local. Aside from the cooking, this is a chance to experience true immersion into Cambodian culture.
100% hands-on. Outstanding value for money.
For just $25 US you can learn to cook flavourful dishes (starter, main and dessert) from A to Z, including free transportation from Siem Reap Centre (meeting point at Hard Rock Cafe in Siem Reap) and a welcome drink. Wi-Fi is also available on location for Free.
You will be rewarded with a certificate to celebrate your new skills as a Khmer chef.
Certainly, don’t come with a full stomach, but don’t forget to eat a little something as you will need some energy for cooking!
Typical Program (Can Vary)
- 8:30 am: Pick up for everyone is from Hard Rock Café in downtown Siem Reap (FREE).
- 9:00 am: Visit the local produce market.
- 9:45 am: Introduction to Khmer cooking technique. Guided meal preparation.
- After 12noon: Lunch on the terrace.
- After lunch: Free drop off.
1) Fresh spring rolls stuffed with chicken and delicious homemade peanut sauce.
2) Lort Cha: thick short rice noodles with chicken, cooked in the wok.
3) Coconut cream and egg covered pumpkin or palm sugar filled glutinous rice balls.
Typical Program (Can Vary)
- 2:30 pm: Pick up for everyone is from Hard Rock Café in downtown Siem Reap (FREE).
- 3:00 pm: Visit the local produce market.
- 3:45 pm: Introduction to Khmer cooking technique. Guided meal preparation.
- After 6 pm: Lunch on the terrace.
- After dinner: Free drop off.
1) Green mango salad with chicken.
2) Cambodian chicken red curry.
3) Banana or pumpkin in coconut cream.
Note: Vegan, vegetarian, allergy? Special dietary request? Don’t worry, this is a cooking class for all. Please just inform us of your preference at the time of booking.