Spend three incredible days surrounded by undiscovered beauty in the village of Mai Chau and its surrounding areas. Enjoy local life and culture in the comforts of an authentic homestay amidst lush rice paddies. This rural countryside adventure is sure to give you a glimpse into the heart of the Vietnamese way of life that makes the country so special.
Day 1: Hanoi to Mai Chau
- Meet at Vietnam Backpackers Downtown Hostel in Hanoi at 7.30am.
- Depart the hustle and bustle of Hanoi in the morning and head for the unspoiled splendour of Mai Chau Valley.
- Take in the panoramic views before arriving to your authentic homestay and feasting on a home prepared lunch with your new family.
- Spend the afternoon exploring the charm and local culture of the nearby villages on a guided bicycle ride.
- Indulge in a relaxing evening, absorbing rural Vietnam life at the homestay, rich with entertainment and another delicious meal prepared by our lovely homestay, rich with entertainment and another delicious meal prepared by our lovely homestay host Ms. Tan.
Lunch and dinner included. Vegetarian options available.
Day 2: Trek and Homestay
- Load up on breakfast before stopping by a Bamboo factory, and making your way nearby to embark on an awesome trek, through rich forestry, countless rice fields, and beautiful villages.
- Mingle with people from the local Thai minority tribes and make conversation with children who will be ready to greet you with high fives and smiles!
- Grab lunch and stretch your legs before finishing your trek to your homestay for the evening.
- Crack open a few beverages and chill out while enjoying the peace and quiet of your remote surroundings.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner included. Vegetarian options available.
Day 3: Mai Chau to Hanoi
- Enjoy a lovely breakfast, before cooling off and floating along the river on bamboo rafts to round out your final day in the rural countryside.
- Refuel with lunch, and freshen up before we heading back to Hanoi, arriving just in time for our nightly activities and/or onward travel.
Breakfast and lunch included. Vegetarian options available.
- 2 nights accommodation at the homestay.
- All meals as indicated.
- Comfortable transport to and from Mai Chau from Hanoi.
- All activities as per itinerary.
- Awesome local guides.
- Entrance fees.
What’s Not Included?
- Alcoholic and soft drinks
- Personal expenses.
- Travel Insurance – Get a quote here.