On this challenging one day bike ride, you will ride around the rim of the crater of Mount Batur Volcano, with amazing views of Mount Batur, Lake Batur and Mount Abang! You will experience a wide mixture of terrain and experience some of Bali’s best track riding with views of the ocean on one side and the volcano on the other!
Mount Batur to Ubud Bike Ride – Itinerary
- In the early morning, we will transfer to Mount Batur.
- The ride begins by circling the rim of the crater of the volcano with amazing views guaranteed!
- We will then ride through a single track through the woods amidst tall grass.
- After a steep descent, we will end up inside the crater and we will ride towards the lake.
- We will bike through the lava stream (where the latest eruption happened!) – an amazing experience!
- After the first 25km (approx), you will have deserved a delicious lunch with a view! We will have lunch on the rim of the crater overlooking Mount Batur.
- In the afternoon, we will begin our 35km (approx) ride on a mixture of terrain all the way down into the town of Ubud.
- English speaking local guide.
- A brand new 2022 full-suspension mountain bike with dropper posts.
- Helmet and gloves.
- Lunch, plus local snacks and fruit.
- Drinking water, energy drinks.
- Free pick up from your hotel (Seminyak, Kuta, Canggu, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Legian and Ubud).
- Note: We need a minimum of 2 riders to run this trip. Solo riders please check your preferred date with us and we can inform you of the latest schedule of confirmed rides.
How difficult is this ride?
As this day ride is almost 65km you will need to have a good level of fitness in order to fully appreciate and enjoy the day. The tour is designed for experienced mountain bikers with good fitness and strong bike handling skills. The trail can be challenging in parts with steep ascents and descents. The weather may affect trail conditions making riding more difficult. Please make sure when you book that you are not choosing a tour that may be too difficult for you. Please get in touch with us if you are unsure.