- Beginners Welcome – For those of you new to SUP, don’t worry! All of our tours start with a quick lesson on SUP basics. (Making sure you can stand up and control your stand up paddleboard!)
- Tour Duration – Tours are usually 3-4 hours, however the length of tours may vary slightly based on tide and wind. (Please tell us if you need to be back at a certain time.)
- Small Groups – Only 4 people per tour ensures that the guide can take care of each guest individually and makes sure you have a fun and safe experience!
- Tour price is per person.
As this tour is very popular and there are limited spaces (only 4), we recommend that you book as far in advance as possible to avoid disappointment!
- Food and drinks are included whilst on the tour (Vietnamese coffee and delicious slap up cooked breakfast at Kahuna’s Beach Club included). Smashed avocado on toast anyone?
- One way taxi from Vietnam Backpackers Hostel in Hoi An to Kahunas Beach Club in An Bang, where the tour begins.
- English speaking professional SUP guide
- All paddling equipments
- Opportunity to relax at Kahuna’s Beach Club post-SUPPING and enjoy the swimming pool and facilities
There are two popular SUP tours that run seasonally…
Aloha Sunrise SUP Tour
Can be booked now by choosing your date above.
What could be better than an ocean paddle at sunrise where you’ll encounter local fisherman, traditional Vietnamese basket boats, have a swim, a coffee stop, and a delicious BLT breakfast! This is our most popular tour in Hoi An for a reason!
- Suitable for: All levels.
- Meet at: On the morning of the tour (very early!) you will need to make your own way to Hoi An Backpackers Hostel in Hoi An for the time of 4.30am. Or, you can meet the group and tour guide in An Bang at Kahuna’s Beach Club at the later time of 5am.
- Duration: 3 1/2 – 4 hours.
Thu Bon River Tour – Coming Soon
Currently not available.
A three-hour adventure that departs from Cam Thanh Island Fishing Village onto the mighty Thu Bon River of Hoi An. You’ll see the newly built Cau Dai Bridge and explore the lush palm mangroves of Thinh Than Island. You’ll enjoy a delicious picnic lunch on the shore before a leisurely paddle back.
- Suitable for: All levels.
- Meet at: The trip runs twice a day at 4.30 am (sunrise tour) and 1pm (afternoon tour). The meeting point is half an hour before the start time at Hoi An Backpackers Hostel in Hoi An.
- Duration: 3 hours.
Obviously this was very, very nice! My wife and I joined up with Jonno (guide) and one other woman from the Netherlands. The early start was nice as we got to see the beach at it’s quietest, we enjoyed an iced coffee and a little briefing before getting out onto the ocean. I’m a coward and a little overweight so I stayed on my knees (which was allowed) but the other three were drifting about casually. Sunrise was beautiful! Jonno, our guide, was just a really good, lovely, fun guy who was clearly very confident in the water and made us feel safe and cared for. Thank you. I’d definitely recommend this to anyone.
A truly unforgettable experience and well worth the 4.00am wake up call! I chose to do the Aloha Sunrise Tour along Hoi An Beach in the early hours of the morning. The tour was incredible with breathtaking views and a very knowledgable SUP tour guide who has mastered the art of capturing that perfect instagram shot – allowing you to focus on standing up.. and not falling off! The tour offered great value for money and included a delicious iced coffee and breakfast back at VBH’s Kahuna’s Beach Club! I absolutely loved this tour from start to finish and would highly recommend, definitely one not to be missed!