- Start + Finish: Luang Prabang, Laos
- Duration: 2 days, 1 night
- Difficulty level: Medium to difficult
- Pick up: Your hotel or guesthouse.
Day 1: Trekking the Long-Hut Trail & Khmu Homestay
(Lunch and dinner included)
The Long-hut trail is an invigorating and at times technical hike, that’s without doubt, one of the most spectacular trails in the region. The trail passes through the foothills of the steep jungle-covered mountains, through canyons to reach remote villages and lakes. Along the way, you’ll be rewarded with spectacular views over Luang Prabang and the Mekong River!
- The tour begins with a 30-minute drive to our camp on the banks of the Nam Khan River. You will cross the river by boat and we will begin our ascent into the mountains!
- Today, we will trek 13 kilometres, which usually takes around six hours, including breaks. (In rainy conditions, the hiking can take around seven-eight hours.)
- We will arrive at the Khmu village late in the evening just in time for a well-earned meal prepared by your guide.
- You will get the chance to explore the village with your guide, get to know the locals and have a drink with them if you like.
- You will never forget this incredible night spent deep in the mountains, living for a night as the mountain tribes have done for generations!
Day 2: Trekking the Thinpa Trail and Visit Tad Sae Waterfall
(Breakfast and lunch included)
- Enjoy a hearty breakfast before starting your one to two-hour trek through the rice fields and forest.
- We will then make our way up the hillside to a Hmong village of “Ban Tinpha”. This is a beautiful place to take a rest and enjoy an incredible panoramic view of the surrounding mountains.
- Afterwards, we continue the trek downhill to a village along the river “Ban Houay Yen” where we board a local boat for a relaxing ride on the Nam Khan to the Tad Sae waterfalls. (This is a seasonal excursion. Tad Sae Waterfall can be low or even dry from February to July and may be omitted from the itinerary.)
- Lunch can be served at the village before the boat ride or at the waterfall whichever you prefer.
- Why not cool off after all that trekking and take a refreshing swim in the pools at the base of the falls!
- Before heading back to the town of Luang Prabang you will take the local boat to our camp and then drive back to the town.
Please Note: The price above is the price for a ‘group trip’, which means that there needs to be at least 2 travellers for this trek to run. The price listed is based on 2 or more travellers joining a larger group. If you are booking for 2 people and no group is available to join, there will be an additional payment due of $42 ($21 per person).
If you are a solo traveller, we will try to team you with another group that is already running, in order to reduce costs. This may mean that we suggest an alternative date to you. If there is nobody else to join the trek or you prefer a solo trek you will need to cover the cost of two people on the trek.
In both cases above, we will let you know the situation at the time of booking and can offer a full refund of the deposit to solo/pair travellers who we are not able to team with a existing group if they prefer not to pay the extra fee.
There are no reviews yet.