Updated November 30th, 2017.
Get Zleep Premium Budget Hotel is an incredible value for money luxury accommodation, located in a quieter area of Chiang Mai, close to Chiang Mai University and Doi Suthep Mountain. Staying here, you’ll feel more like a resident with your own luxury condo, than a tourist. Plus, you’ll have quick access to all of the cheap local eateries, cafés and bars that the locals frequent. With free breakfast, wifi, toiletries and friendly staff – you’ll have everything you need at Get Zleep for a comfy stay in the city!
Why does Get Zleep Make This List?
1. Location – Many people choose to stay within the old city walls of Chiang Mai, simply to be close to bars, restaurants, temples and luxuries like Thai massage. However, there’s a lot to be said for staying a little out of town, especially in Chiang Mai. Get Zleep is located near Doi Suthep mountain, on the west side of the city, which is near Huay Kaew Waterfall, Chiang Mai University, a cool night market, great street food stalls and plenty of bars and restaurants, which are all frequented by locals, and are therefore cheaper than touristy places in town. You’ll gain a much more authentic Thai experience staying here and will get some peace away from the relentless traffic of the city.
2. Amazing value for money – The cost of this hotel is hard to believe for what you get. Our double room cost $24 USD, or $12 USD between the two of us, which includes a very generous breakfast. That’s more than I have paid for a bed in a dorm room! For this price you get a very spacious, luxurious and stylishly decorated room, that’s more like a city apartment than a hotel room, and if you’re placed on the 7th floor (like we were!) you’ll enjoy amazing city views!
3. Attention to detail – Every day the room is cleaned around lunch time, and you’ll receive two new bottles of (glass) water every day, regardless to whether you’ve finished the last two. In the breakfast room, there’s free tea, coffee and hot chocolate available every day, so you can relax like it’s your own home.
4. Facilities – The room comes complete with hot shower, free shower gel, shampoo and body lotion, a hairdryer (I hadn’t blow dried my hair properly in months!) free and fast wifi, fridge, TV and air-con. You can do laundry just around the corner in their private laundry room, which is 20 baht for a load!
5. Breakfast – One day we had sausage, salami, toast and eggs, another day we had kow tom moo (Thai pork rice soup). There’s also cornflakes, milk, jam and tea and coffee (not Nescafe!), served in the stylish café on the ground floor.
- Check out their website and Facebook.
- You can book with Agoda or via Booking.com. Check rates on both for the best deal!
- Prices: $24 USD (18 GBP) for a standard king room. (It’s massive!)
In return for reviewing this hotel, we received a free stay. The hotel was told in advance that they were not guaranteed a place on this ‘Best Hostels’ list, and the views expressed in this article are our own.
Join Our Community
Add purpose to your travels.
Do you want to find out about free opportunities to review hostels and experiences, as well as keep up to date with the latest travel news in Southeast Asia & get special offers on trips? Thought so!