One of the most popular places for backpackers in Kuala Lumpur! The hostel, BackHome opened in 2009 and has since expanded to 17 rooms and built on its promise to deliver personal, attentive customer service to give you as much care and comfort as you would have ‘back home’. The unassuming building houses a bright, modern sprawling hostel with an in house coffee shop, friendly staff and wonderful personalised touches, like welcome messages written on the room doors…
Why is BackHome Hostel, Kuala Lumpur a Best Hostel?
1. Inside-outside living: The open plan sprawling space is a welcoming retreat of outside-inside living in the middle of the city with a sun-trap courtyard surrounded by greenery.
2. Inventive rooms: BackHome have well-designed dorms and doubles but also offer a couples dorm, with four double beds, considerately arranged for maximum privacy for either sharing couples of those who just want a double bed and a bit more space in a dorm. Beds come with an international plug point and a huge locker, big enough to fit the biggest of backpacks!
3. Quality finishes: The building has been renovated to a high standard with rainforest shower heads and Apple Mac terminals for guest use in one of several communal lounge areas.
4. The attached Café: LOKL serves European coffee, cakes and western lunches with an Asian twist to give another element to the ‘back-home-style’ comforts.
5. TV room! At BackHome, there’s also a dedicated luxury TV room, with a film library for guest use!
Prices: From $13 USD / bed, including basic breakfast.
- Address: 30, Jalan Tun H.S. Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Telephone: +603 2022 0788
Join Our Community
Add purpose to your travels.
Do you want to find out about free opportunities to review hostels and experiences, as well as keep up to date with the latest travel news in Southeast Asia & get special offers on trips? Thought so!