A great choice for backpackers to Bali! Located right in the heart of Kuta on Legian Street, Kayun Downtown Hostel is right in the middle of the action with the famous bars, clubs and restaurants of Kuta nearby. The hostel itself, however, is a little slice of calm, with a plunge pool (indoor and out!) a relaxed vibe and friendly English-speaking staff.
What makes Kayun Downtown Hostel Unique?
1. Spacious rooms with curtained beds – Kayun Downtown is brand spanking new – and this can be seen in its gorgeous, large bedrooms, and stylish bathrooms with elements of traditional Balinese design. The beds are soft, wide and comfortable – and come with their own curtains to make sure that you can get privacy when you need it!
2. Indoor-outdoor relaxation options – Just beyond the foyer of Kayun Downtown, which has speedy wi-fi and complimentary computer use, garden meets poolside meets TV room – all with a modern Balinese touch. The ample couch space means that there’s enough room for everyone to relax and enjoy a cold Bintang before hitting the town.
3. Proximity to the beach, the nightlife, and the shops – Kayun Downtown is literally in the heart of Kuta, located smack bang in the centre of pumping Legian Street. If you’re staying here, you’re staying for a good and busy time.
4. The swimming pool – Kayun Downtown’s pool gives off the vibe that the hostel is far more expensive than it is – surrounded by a dark wood deck and wicker beach chairs, it’s almost hard to drag yourself away to do some sightseeing! And, for rainy days – they have an indoor plunge pool!
5. Great food and drink options – Kayun Downtown is home to Café Diem, which is constantly looking to update its menu to please homesick travellers or those after a more authentic Indonesian taste. The beers are some of the cheapest in town, the breakfast options are diverse and delicious (beating the piece of burnt toast on a napkin offered by most hostels!) and service is friendly and always delivered with a smile.
Address: Kayun Hostel Downtown, Jalan Legian 182 Legian, Kuta, Bali.
$8 USD / night for a bed in a 10-bed female dorm, 16-bed mixed dorm. Private rooms start at $20 USD.
Join Our Community
Add purpose to your travels.
Do you want to find out about free opportunities to review hostels and experiences, as well as keep up to date with the latest travel news in Southeast Asia & get special offers on trips? Thought so!