Only 200km from the busy city of Hanoi, but a world away in terms of atmosphere, Mr Linh’s Homestay in Ba Be National Park is the perfect getaway in Northern Vietnam for those who like to get off the beaten track. With fascinating trekking options, boat tours on the serene lake and delectable, traditional Vietnamese food, Mr Linh’s Homestay is one of the most authentic accommodation options to be found anywhere in the country!
Why is Mr Linh’s Homestay a Best Hostel?
1. Lakeside Setting: Ba Be Lake is held in high regard as being the world’s only freshwater Karst lake – and Mr Linh’s Homestay is ideally situated right on its shores! Swing freely on a hammock and observe fishermen and villagers go about their daily lives as they float by on the 500-hectare body of water. With limestone mountains as the surrounding backdrop, it is the perfect place to kick back and completely unwind.
2. Quality Tours: Mr Linh runs the highest quality tours to be found anywhere in Ba Be National Park. Enjoy the popular tranquil lake journey by traditional boat to small villages and through the dramatic Puong Cave; home to 18’000 bats and colossal stalagmites and columns. If you are feeling more adventurous head off on one of the multi-day treks to ethnic minority villages and stay in a real authentic homestay. The scenery to be found up in the hills is captivating and may prove to be the highlight of your trip.
3. Family Atmosphere: The true reason you choose a homestay over a hotel is to experience what it is like to be a part of a local family’s lives. At Mr Linh’s Homestay, his family are unconditionally welcoming and genuinely want you to feel at home. You will dine with them, play games together and spend hours getting to know each other’s personalities. And in true Vietnamese fashion, close friendships will be formed over vast quantities of corn wine! Embrace the happy water!
4. Luxury Setup: Just because you are staying in a homestay doesn’t mean you have to go without small luxuries. Mr Linh’s Homestay has been recently built with a beautiful decorative style featuring locally sourced timber. Knowing that his guest’s comforts are of the utmost importance he has purchased high-quality mattresses and thick blankets to ensure you get a great night’s sleep. Along with brand new hot water systems in the impeccably clean bathrooms, fast wifi and cable TV in the common area you will not be wanting for anything when staying with Mr Linh!
5. Delicious Food: After a big day of trekking or exploring Ba Be National Park, you need to satisfy your hunger. The best Vietnamese meals you could have ever imagined will be served up to you in copious amounts. There is no Western fare here – everything prepared is fresh, healthy and completely traditional to the area. Vegetarians, vegans and others with specific diets are easily catered for by Mr Linh’s family chefs. Alongside familiar options such as fresh fish, chicken, vegetables and pork, there are always some more adventurous choices if you really want to experience a whole range of traditional meals. You will truly be blown away by the quality of food at Mr Linh’s Homestay!
Prices: Rooms with shared bathroom from $8 USD. Breakfast included.
- Address: Coc Toc Village, Ba Be District, Bac Kan Province, Vietnam.
- Phone: +84 281 3 894 721
Join Our Community
Add purpose to your travels.
Do you want to find out about free opportunities to review hostels and experiences, as well as keep up to date with the latest travel news in Southeast Asia & get special offers on trips? Thought so!