Overlooking the beautiful farmlands and mountains near the fascinating Phong Nha Ke Bang National Park is the iconic Phong Nha Farmstay. With incredible vistas, a refreshing pool and comfortable rooms, the Phong Nha Farmstay is absolutely the best accommodation choice in this adventurous town in Central Vietnam.
Whi is Phong Nha Farmstay a Best Hostel?
1. Spectacular Views: The entire region around Phong Nha Ke Bang National Park sports scenery that will take your breath away, and the views at the Farmstay are no different. One of the nicest places to watch the sunset anywhere in town, the Farmstay is built with gorgeous vistas over toiled farmland that stretches all the way to the limestone mountains in the distance. Wake up early and enjoy the fog rolling through the fields or kick back in the evening with a cold beer and admire the beauty surrounding you.
2. Relaxed Setting: After a long day caving and exploring in the national park, the Phong Nha Farmstay is the perfect place to unwind and recharge the batteries. The bar and restaurant area is clean and full of character, with live music on some of the evenings. There is also an outdoor cinema for you to enjoy when the stars are out. With a refreshing swimming pool to cool off during the heat of the day and beautiful gardens peppered around the accommodation, the Farmstay is as much of an attraction in Phong Nha as the caves themselves.
3. Incredible Tours: Since the re-discovery of the world’s largest cave, Hang Son Doong in 2009, Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park has been attracting adventurous travellers by the busload. With over 300 limestone caverns, trekking opportunities and pristine wilderness to explore you will never be bored! The Phong Nha Farmstay can organise any tour you desire right from reception. One that is not to be missed is their National Park Tour, which has you zip-lining and kayaking in the middle of the jungle, as well as enjoying the mammoth Paradise Cave and hugely fun Dark Cave (filled with tonnes of sloppy mud). Alternatively, jump in a Jeep or Ural sidecar to really get around in style. Rent a bicycle to ride around the town, and especially to the famous Pub With Cold Beer. Just ask any of the friendly staff on how to best spend your days.
4. Comfortable Rooms: After being freshly renovated in October 2014, all the large rooms at the Farmstay are absolutely superb. With touches of flair and style in every corner, the Farmstay has been designed with a unique quality that makes it truly feels like a home away from home. Ben and Bick, the owner’s, vision of building a perfect retreat-style accommodation in rural paradise has really come to life. The rooms are bright, the beds are comfortable and the bathrooms are spotless. Everything you could want in such a beautiful accommodation, and more!
5. Delicious Food: With both Vietnamese and Western options to choose from, the food is prepared with fresh ingredients and cooked with the utmost care. Very reasonably priced and absolutely delectable, every dish on the menu is mouth-watering and filling. The town of Phong Nha has some surprisingly delicious food options for a place so small (just ask Ben or Bich about some of their favourites), but definitely, don’t miss a meal or three at the Farmstay. Your taste buds will thank you!
- Address: Thon Hoa Son, Xa Cu Nam, Huyen Bo Trach, Tinh Quang Binh, Vietnam
- Phone: (+84) (0) 52 367 5135 and (+84) (0) 94 475 9864
- Prices: Dorm rooms from 170,000 Vietnamese Dong. Private rooms start from 700’000 Vietnamese Dong.