Authentic styled Sarawak guesthouse in the heart of the capital, Kuching that’s a sanctuary for backpackers. Meet other travellers, share tips and tales and relax before heading into the Borneo Jungle!
Why is Singgahsana Lodge, Kuching a Best Hostel?
1. The friendly owners and staff: Started by couple Donald and Marina way back in 1988, it’s obvious to see that Singgahsana Lodge is a labour of love. Their dream of opening a guesthouse and turning a dilapidated row of shophouses into the joy-filled meeting hub that you see today - is a testament to their love of travel and of Borneo.
2. Art and deco: Did you know that the owners of Singgahsana Lodge first opened an art gallery in Borneo? Their flair for creativity has certainly filtered through to their stunning guesthouse. You’ll feel like you’re in the heart of Borneo in this authentic styled Sarawak lodge. Everything from the lamp shades in your room to the rattan floor and bark mats evoke the essence of exotic Borneo - and the atmosphere is cosy and relaxing.
3. The best place to meet travellers in Kuching: With a popular, bustling common room, bar, library, plus pool and foosball table, Singgahsana Lodge is a great place to meet and mingle with fellow travellers. You can share stories, books and travel tales of your adventures in Borneo. And if you fancy taking a trip into the wild - the guesthouse has its very own and highly recommended travel company, Maridon Treks where you can book your Borneo adventure!
4. Location: In the heart of Sarawak's capital, Kuching, you’re just five minutes walk away from restaurants, cafes, shops and the picturesque riverfront that makes Kuching one of the loveliest cities in South East Asia.
5. Facilities: There’s a well-stocked library, book swap, free bicycle hire, cafe, laundry service, luggage storage, shop and of course free WIFI – this place has everything that the traveller needs – especially if you’ve just got back from the jungle! Singgahsana Lodge was awarded the coveted Sarawak Hornbill Tourism Awards by the Ministry of Tourism and the Sarawak Tourism Federation in 2009/2010 for being the catalyst for a burgeoning tourism boom in Kuching.
- Bed in 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room - $8 USD.
- Privates from $24 USD.
Address: No. 1 Temple Street, 93000 Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysian Borneo.