Updated October 29th, 2017.
SIOK is one of the larger hostels in Penang. Located at the top of Lebuh Chulia, it’s in a convenient position to get to most places of interest, foodie areas and transport links. They have six and eight-bed dorms, large lockers that can fit the biggest of backpacks, two private double rooms and both indoor and outdoor communal areas. It’s a clean, bright place for those looking for a few hotel style luxuries in a more casual hostel setting with the emphasis on having fun. They also offer a student discount!
Why is SIOK Hostel, Penang, a Best Hostel?
1. A 24-Hour Lounge Room: Packed full of entertainment, including a foosball table, huge TV, guest computer terminal and free tea and coffee all day with included breakfast served in the mornings.
2. Social Vibe: SIOK is often visited by student groups, and the management are happy to arrange barbecues, karaoke and small parties for guests! It’s a great sociable place for groups and to meet other travellers and often, Malay students.
3. Large, Spacious and Bright Dorms: Wider than usual beds, super comfortable luxury mattresses that you will never want to get out of and air conditioning in all dorms.
4. No boys allowed! An exclusive female only dorm room, with attached bathrooms, perfect for girls who appreciate their privacy.
5. Outdoor space: This big building also has a rooftop courtyard, which is a real rarity in Penang with many hostels located in converted shophouses. It’s a great place to catch a little sun whilst eating breakfast or relax for an hour in the afternoons with a book!
Rates: From $10 USD / night for bed in 8-bed mixed / female dorm room.
Includes simple breakfast, walk-in discounts available.
- Address: 458 Chulia Street, Georgetown, Penang.
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/siokhostel
Join Our Community
Add purpose to your travels.
Do you want to find out about free opportunities to review hostels and experiences, as well as keep up to date with the latest travel news in Southeast Asia & get special offers on trips? Thought so!