The links to online stores (like Amazon) on this page are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate South East Asia Backpacker earns from qualifying purchases.
Things to look for in a Backpacking / Camping HammockJump down to travel hammock reviews now! When it comes to finding a good travel hammock, ease of portability should be one of your top priorities, but there’s no need to sacrifice a good night’s sleep! When looking for the best travel hammock out there, you’ll need to consider the following… Material: When you’re backpacking in a tropical climate, you’ll want a hammock that doesn’t leave you waking up in a pool of your own sweat. The fabric most commonly used for backpacking hammocks is nylon. Nylon is lightweight to keep you cool and make it super easy to transport your travel hammock. Size: You will find hanging hammocks that are designed for single and double sleeping use. The main difference in size can be felt in the hammock’s range and strength. Even if you think you’ll be sleeping on your own, investing in a double hammock can’t hurt. It’s never a bad thing to have extra space and who knows when you’ll meet someone to sleep with! Transportability: If you’re planning to move around a lot and set up camp in different places often, then you want a hammock that is easy to carry yet durable. Think lightweight and compact. Style: All travel hammocks are not created equal. You will come across your fair share of tree hammocks and free-standing hammocks alike. It’s up to you to decide whether you’d prefer a travel hammock with a stand or a more classic style of hammock. Accessories: Pay attention to what accessories come with your hammock. Mosquito nets for hammocks can make the difference between sleeping soundly and full-blown insomnia. Most hammocks don’t come with a guitar! Price: It is possible to find cheap hammocks that are still durable and high quality.
TOP 5: Reviews of Hammocks Amazon USA
1. Wise Owl Outfitters Hammock for Camping – Best Pick!PRICE: $28.95 The Wise Owl Outfitters Hammocks fold down into a super compact package, about the size of an eggplant, and are easy to carry from place to place. The long 8-foot hanging ropes give you more freedom in how you choose to tie your hammock to the trees you find around you. Both the single and double hammocks can hold up to 400 pounds, but if you’re looking for a bit more wiggle room, go with the double. When you’re travelling, your the style and colour of your equipment can show your personality. Wise Owl Outfitters understand that and provide a wide selection of colour combinations for you to choose from when picking a hammock to travel with. Depending on your needs, Wise Owl Outfitters have single and double hammocks which are comfortable and reliable.
2. Winner Outfitters Double Camping Hammock – Perfect for two!PRICE: $26.99 The Winner Outfitters Double Camping Hammock is a durable model that can hold up to 500 pounds, which means you and your travelling partner can share this hammock and still get a good night’s sleep. The hammock is made from 210T nylon parachute fabric which is breathable, lightweight, and super strong. The ropes, straps, and carabiners you need to set up your hammock are included and you will find that it takes you just a few minutes to get your backpacking bed up and ready. Investing in a hammock from Winner Outfitters will get you a quality product for your travels and access to helpful customer service for any issues you face with your hammock.
3. Legit Camping Double Hammock – Lifetime Warranty!PRICE: $29.97 Legit Camping is another brand that understands that your hammock is more than just a place to sleep and provides a bunch of bright and vibrant colours for you to choose from. This double hammock will support up to 400 pounds and when it’s time to pack up camp, you’ll be able to fold it up and squish it into a small carry bag for easy transport. The Legit Camping hammock is made from military-grade parachute nylon and setup is a simple process that anyone can master is just a few quick minutes. Legit Camping is a people’s company and they promise you a full refund if you’re not satisfied, and a lifetime warranty, so if your hammock ever has any issues, you’ll be sent a replacement.
4. CHILLAX Travel Hammock with Integrated Suspension – Easy Set Up!PRICE: $25.99 Chillax hammocks are just as you’d imagine them: comfortable and easy to handle. This hammock is most practical for someone looking to sleep on their own, but two people can squeeze in for a close night. The hammock is affordable, easy to set up, and folds down to be compact and perfect for carrying in your backpack. Keeping this hammock in clean, sleeping shape is simple, as you can even throw it in the machine for a quick wash along with the rest of your laundry. Investing in a Chillax hammock is worthwhile even if you have another go-to at the moment. This is a good backup hammock that could steal the spotlight if given the chance.
5. Castaway Travel Hammock Single with Loop Hanging Straps – Compact!PRICE: $29.99 The Castaway Travel Hammock is designed to sleep one person, but can comfortably hold up to 400 pounds, which means you can lounge with your travel buddy before heading to sleep. This hammock is another durable model made from triple-stitched nylon, which folds down to be compact enough to carry in your backpack. Hanging this hammock is easy and even a total beginner will have no trouble getting theirs set up within a matter of minutes. Castaway caters to your aesthetic needs, as well, with interesting and pleasing colour combinations to choose from.
NEW! Active Roots Camping Hammock!Our buddy Will Hatton, AKA The Broke Backpacker has just brought out a new portable hammock for backpackers under his outdoor brand, Active Roots. It’s made of high-quality parachute nylon which means it’s super strong and can hold up to 500 pounds. It’s very lightweight and easy to use, plus it folds into a compact sack that weights under 2 pounds! Plus, Will donates a portion of the profits made to The Elephant Sanctuary in Laos, so that you can give something back to Southeast Asia as you lay back!
TOP 5: Reviews of Travel Hammocks on Amazon UKThe Number 1 Hammock brand in the UK = NATUREFUN Brand
1. NATUREFUN Ultra-Light Travel Camping Hammock – Top UK Choice!PRICE: £16.88 GBP The NatureFun Ultra-Light Travel Camping Hammock provides a combination of affordability, durability, convenience, and comfort all in one. If you’re into the idea of total ease, NATUREFUN is the brand for you. Not only is this hammock simple to set up, but the compact carry bag remains attached to the hammock, so when the time comes to move camp, folding it away will be painless. The NATUREFUN hammock will keep you cool and comfortable throughout the night, as it’s made from high-strength nylon, which means it’s breathable and quick-drying. Your hammock will be tied up with ultra-strong nylon straps that can support up to 300kg. Keep in mind that you’ll need to bring your own mosquito net!
2. Noza Tec Portable Travel 2 Person Camping Parachute – Cheap!PRICE: £16.88 GBP If simplicity is your number one priority during your travels, then you’ll appreciate the ease with which the Noza Tec hammock comes together. This model is one of the best portable hammocks on the market with its reasonable price, large size, and ultralight yet sturdy nylon fabric. This hammock makes an excellent choice for backpacking because it dries quickly and is very easy to keep clean. Whether you plan to use this hammock for full overnights, or just want a backup place to relax during your explorations, the Noza Tec has you covered. It’s wide and long enough to accommodate more than one person comfortably. When it’s time to change camps, simply fold it down and store it in your backpack.
3. Signstek Portable 2 Person Travel Canvas Hammock – Perfect for two!PRICE: £13.99 GBP While nylon may be the most common type of fabric used to create hammocks for backpacking, it’s not the only option. If you prefer a different textural feeling while you sleep, consider the Signstek Canvas Hammock. The material is lightweight yet durable and the hammock can hold up to 150kg, making it a viable option for up to two. The Signstek hammock is easy to set up, dirt-proof for low maintenance, and durable for long-term use. The carry bag that comes with the hammock is convenient and brightly coloured for a constant mood boost!
4. Golden Eagle Double Eagle Hammock – Side sleepers hammock!PRICE: £19.99 GBP The Golden Eagle Double Hammock makes a cosy place to sleep for one or two travellers up to 270 kg. This hammock is made from high-quality, durable parachute silk nylon, which will make you forget that you’re not in the comfort of your own bed. Side sleepers, this is the hammock for you! The setup of this Golden Eagle hammock is straightforward and won’t take too much time, as it comes with prepared loops. Golden Eagle cares about your satisfaction, so if you’re not happy with the hammock, you can return it, free of hassle. In addition, a portion of your investment in the double hammock will be given to the World Wide Fund for Nature.
5. COVACURE Camping Hammock – 2 Person + Mosquito Net!PRICE: £20.59 GBP Sometimes the truth bites, especially when you’re someone who seems to attract mosquitoes more than others. The COVACURE hammockis prepared to help you sleep without bug interruptions with its included mosquito net. This hammock becomes compact enough to fit right into your backpack and is made from lightweight and breathable parachute nylon. Everything you need to set up this hammock in just a couple of minutes is included. The COVACURE hammock is very spacious, so whether you’re a pair of backpackers or just a big and tall one, you’ll sleep comfortably.
Sleeping Under the Stars!Backpacking is the perfect time to give in to your adventurous nature and enjoy sleeping under the stars in a hammock. Carrying a lightweight hammock in your pack will give you the flexibility to set up camp wherever you end your day!
Some of the links on this page are affiliate links. South East Asia Backpacker is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.