Updated November 18th, 2017.
Gili Air is the second largest out of the three Gili islands and is great for snorkelling and chilling at the beach with a cocktail. Begadang Backpackers (becoming famous for having the only mushroom-shaped pool in the country) is just a short stroll from some of the best snorkelling spots on the island, you’re guaranteed to spot some wild and wonderful underwater life (and if you’re lucky a turtle!).
Begadang Backpackers is a big hostel, able to host up to 80 travellers at one time. Its luscious lawns and spacious surroundings ensure that it never feels over crowded but if you’re looking to make friends then it’s the perfect place to stay. There’s always a buzzing atmosphere with people milling about and within minutes you’ll be chatting to new friends about your adventures and future travel plans…
Why is Begadang Backpackers, Gili Air a Best Hostel?
1. The Mushroom Pool – The first thing that you notice when you walk into Begadang is its unique glass tiled, mushroom shaped pool. It’s the perfect place to cool off during a hot afternoon or have a cheeky nighttime swim with a cold beer. You won’t find many hostels in Indonesia with a pool (especially not one as good as this) so be sure to make the most of it!
2. Bamboo Huts – The dorms that you sleep in are spacious bamboo thatched huts that are partially open-air, with super soft mattresses and mosquito nets inside. These huts remain a nice temperature during the day and night and there’s a fan to add to the natural sea breeze. It’s a unique experience, it feels as if you’re sleeping outside, but with all the comforts of a bedroom.
3. Let’s Get Cooking – Most hostels in Southeast Asia have little to no kitchen facilities, limiting the options to cook for yourself. Begadang Backpackers provides its guests with an array of cooking equipment, an oven and a stove giving you the option to whip up your favourite home cooked meal. There’s even a minimart directly opposite to buy whatever home comforts you may be craving.
4. Hot Showers – Hot showers become a scarce luxury when backpacking around Asia. Not at Begadang! There are six bamboo hot showers that are the perfect relief after a day on the beach. What a treat!
5. A Big Kid’s Paradise – Boredom is a taboo word at this hostel as it is like one big playground for adults. There is something for everyone here! For the people who never stop, you can burn off some energy playing basketball, badminton or even attempting to walk the tight rope. Or for those who prefer a more laid back approach to life they have board games, a huge Connect 4 and plenty of books with which to grab a bean bag and relax in the shade.
Find out more about Begadang Backpackers:
- Address: 83352 Gili Air, Lombok, Nusa Tenggara Barat, Indonesia
- Phone: +6282340348781
- Email: [email protected]
- Prices: Dorm beds from $12 USD / night.
- Check availability and rates of Begadang Backpackers on Booking.com.
Join Our Community
Add purpose to your travels.
Do you want to find out about free opportunities to review hostels and experiences, as well as keep up to date with the latest travel news in Southeast Asia & get special offers on trips? Thought so!