Updated September 6th, 2018.
One of the best and most memorable things, when we travel, is appreciating the food. A lot of different cultures have their own typical food, their own flavours, and recipes. A great way to explore and know more about that culture is participating in a cooking class!
With this cooking class, you won’t just cook the recipes – you will experience a different culture. You will visit a local market and the Herb, Spice & Fruit Garden (where you will be able to try different Indonesian exotic fruits) and at the end, you will enjoy the delicious meal that you have prepared.
This cooking class is really easy to follow and you will impress your family and friends when you return home and prepare these fresh and delicious Balinese and Indonesian recipes.
Location of MEXX The Cooking School:
MEXX The Cooking School is located on the southwest coast of Bali in the small Balinese village of Banjar Betenyuh close to the Yeh Gangga Beach. Bali’s most famous and most visited temple, Tanah Lot is just a few minutes drive from our school, so be sure to visit it while you’re in the area!
- Full Day Class: Pick Up 8am – Return Approx 3.30pm. (Free pick up and drop off included) = 1,200,000 IDR ($80 USD)
- Half Day Class: Pick Up 8am – Return Approx 12.30pm. (Free pick up and drop off included) = 750,000 IDR ($50 USD)
- Half Day Class + Tanah Lot Temple Tour: Pick Up 8am – Return Approx 3.30pm. (Free pick up and drop off included) = 1,050,000 IDR ($70 USD)
Price is based on there being between 2-5 people in the cooking class. If there are more than 5, you will receive a 100,000 IDR discount on the day!
Bali Cooking Class: Typical Menu
- Indonesian Gado-Gado
- Javanese Peanut sauce
- Balinese green Papaya soup with Chicken
- Javanese Corn Fritters
- Sumatran Beef Rendang
- Balinese steamed minced Pork in Banana leaves
- Balinese Shrimp or Snapper steamed in Banana leaves
- Maduran Chicken Satay
- Indonesian Fried noodle
- Traditional cooked yellow Coconut Rice
- Fullmoon Cake with Chocolate sauce
- Sambal Matah
- Sambal Tomat
* We offer a discount for children. Please message us.