Never Forget Elephant Foundation – Bringing Elephants Home
Join the team at Never Forget and spend a week immersed into the life of a Karen Hill Tribe Village in the mountains where elephants are part of the family! Take an active role in supporting that community, whilst enjoying the proximity to their herd of elephants.
This is an experience like no other. During your stay in the village, you will enjoy traditional bamboo accommodation in the heart of nature. All huts are equipped with a mattress and mosquito net. Lounge in a hammock whilst watching the sunset across the valley after a day’s work providing for the elephants!
There is a glorious yoga/meditation shala where you can work on either one of these rewarding practices.
Never Forget provide three plant-based meals every day, many of the ingredients of which are grown on-site!
In the evenings, sit around the fire, swapping stories, music and getting to know each other.
What will you do during your stay?
- Daily time with the elephants, trekking along side them through the jungle and learning about them and their habitat as you go.
- Work on garden and building projects to help build the Visitor Village.
- Aid the local Karen community through projects of various types.
- Connect with local people in their home and learn about their ways, their culture and their community.
- Visit local temples in the area.
- Receive lessons on rice farming from local farmers.
Download a sample schedule here. (Schedule may be subject to change.)