Cooking Class Includes:
- Transport pick up and drop off at your hotel in Chiang Mai.
- Pick up between 8.15 am – 8.30 am.
- We drive about 15-20 minutes to visit a very local market to taste and try some of the local Thai snacks and fruits, to get to know some of the ingredients which we may need.
- Complimentary drinks.
- Cookbook in PDF file with all of the dishes below.
- The class will finish around 3 pm.
Trichada The Cookery Home: THE MENU
You can pick one dish from each of the categories!* (Vegetarian option available – please ask.)
- Yum Waun Sen (Glass noodle salad with minced pork or chicken)
- Laab (Sour and Spicy salad with minced pork or chicken & herbs)
- Porpia (Deep fried spring roll)
- Satay Thai style (Grill pork of chicken serves with curry peanut sauce and cucumber salad)
- Som Tum (Papaya Salad)
- Tom Yum Kung (Hot and sour soup with prawn and thai herbs)
- Tom Khaa Gai (Chicken in coconut milk with thai herbs)
- Tom Juad (Clear soup with minced pork or chicken)
- Tom Yum Pak Ruam (Mixed vegetables in hot and sour soup with Thai herbs)
Curry Paste & Curry:
- Gaeng Ped (Red curry paste & red curry with chicken)
- Gaeng Keaw Waan (Green curry paste & green curry chicken)
- Gaeng Massaman (Massaman yellow curry paste & massaman yellow curry with chicken)
- Paneang (Ground peanut-coconut cream curry)
- Pad Khee Mao (Drunken chicken, hot and spicy chicken with mix vegetables)
- Gai Pad Med Ma Maung (Chicken with Cashew nuts)
- Pad Ga Praow (Minced chicken with pork and basil)
- PadPed (Stir-fried red or green curry paste with chicken and Thai herbs)
- Pad Thai (Stir-fried Thai-style noodles)
- Kao Niew Ma Maung (Mango with sticky rice)
- Kao Niew Sapparot (Pineapple with sticky rice)
- Gluay Buad Chee (Banana in coconut milk)
- Sang Ka Ya Fak Thong (Thai custard with pumpkin)
Simone und Matthias –
Unser eintägigen Kochkurs war einfach toll!
Wir haben jede Menge über die Thai-Küche gelernt und können diesen Kurs uneingeschränkt empfehlen!
I had a solo session with Trichada today and from the very beginning it was an absolute dream. She picked me up from my hotel, and we then went to a local market where she taught me about different Thai ingredients, and also picked some up for the dishes I wanted to make. She seems to have a great relationship with the different vendors, and they were very gracious in letting me try little bites of things. We then went to her house where the kitchen is set in a beautiful outdoor garden. She started me with some tea and coffee, and immediately I felt so at home. We then spent the next five or so hours cooking, and she gave me all the little tricks and secrets. I felt like I was cooking with my new Thai mom. Everything was amazingly delicious, and beautifully presented. It’s obvious she takes great pride in the work she does. She was more than happy to answer all my questions both food and culture related, and just an all around calming presence. I cannot say enough great things about her class. Seriously, just book it.
Trichada’s cookery class was even better than we had anticipated and it was one of the highlights of our trip to Chiang Mai. From start to finish we were so impressed with the organization and friendliness of Trichada (Oui).
We really appreciated the effort that went into designing this course and it was so enjoyable to learn about, cook and eat the tasty meals!
We have already reccomended this to anyone we know visiting Chiang Mai 😋👍
This cooking class has been the highlight of my trip. Oui welcomed me into her home and taught me how to cook some incredible and authentic dishes. She was so lovely and her passion for Thai food makes it a joy to spent the day with her!
Der Kurs hat sehr viel Spass gemacht und wir haben eine Menge dabei gelernt. War dort zusammen mit meine Sohn (17 Jahre) und auch der war sehr begeistert. Die Gastgeberin und ihr Lebensgefährte sind beide sehr nett und herzlich. Besonders gut gefallen hat uns, dass wir uns die Gerichte selbst aussuchen konnten und die Gruppe ganz klein war. Auch der Besuch auf dem Markt war schon ein besonderes Erlebnis. Kann den Kurs nur weiter empfehlen.
We attended Trichada’s amazing cooking class on Valentine’s day and it was the best idea ever! It all started with a visit to the picturesque local market and then we were warmly welcomed by Trichada’s partner to their home and started our journey to real Thai traditional cuisine. We got to choose among a wide variety of tasty dishes to prepare (and eat, of course) and could always rely on Trichada’s masterful help and great advice. It was lovely to get to know more about Thai cookery but especially to meet such friendly and welcoming people. Me and my fiancé will always remember having this experience and would definitely recommend it to anyone interested in this beautiful exotic culture and cookery! Thank you again Trichada and Peter, we hope to meet you again soon <3
Absolutes must-do für alle die thailändisches Essen mögen.
Die Schule ist etwas außerhalb der Stadt, was einem das lokale Thailand zeigt. Außerdem wurden wir persönlich abgeholt und fuhren auf dem weg zu einem lokalen Markt.
Die Gastgeberin ist eine herzliche, liebenswerte Frau der man die Liebe zum Kochen und den Zutaten anmerkt. Sie lehrt mit Leidenschaft und man wird von Ihrer Begeisterung angesteckt.
Der Tag war sehr lehrreich und angenehm und durch die kleine Gruppenanzahl sehr persönlich.
(Absolute must-do for those who like Thai food. The school is a bit out of town, which shows you the local Thailand. In addition, we were personally picked up and drove on the way to a local market. The hostess is a warm, lovely woman who shows love for cooking and ingredients. She teaches with passion and you get infected by your enthusiasm. The day was very educational and enjoyable and very personal due to the small number of groups.)