Please note: This trek cannot run with less than 2 people. If you are booking for 2 people your trek date is guaranteed. However, if you are booking for less than 3 people we will join you with an existing tour. Please select your preferred date using the calendar and we will contact you to tell you if there is already a tour running on your chosen date, or suggest an alternative date. We will not take your deposit until a date is agreed upon.
Experience a completely off the beaten track hiking experience in Doi Inthanon National Park, just two hours drive from Chiang Mai.
Doi Inthanon is the highest mountain in Thailand and is one of the most beautiful areas of Northern Thailand. On this one or two-day hiking trail, you will witness a variety of interesting jungle flora and fauna, unique to this area of Thailand, as well as come in contact with unique indigenous communities. You will visit cascading waterfalls, eat lunch off banana leaf plates and enjoy incredible jungle viewpoints.
If you’re doing the two-day trek, you will spend the night at a local homestay built by a local hilltribe family of the Karen ethnic minority, as part of our skills development program. From them, you will learn about Karen culture and traditional herbal medicine that’s used in homemade saunas for centuries.
1 Day Trek – Doi Inthanon
- Trip Duration: 11 hours
- Total Time Trekking: 6 hours
- Lunch included
- Difficulty: Medium (mix of uphills and downhills)
- Season: Available all year
1 Day Itinerary
- We will pick you up from your hotel or guesthouse between 7-7.30am.
- On the way to Doi Inthanon National Park, we will stop at a bustling market to pick up some local snacks and take a bathroom break.
- Before we reach the start of the hiking trail, we will drive past Hoi Tong Karen Hilltribe village.
- Our trek will last approximately 6 hours and during this time we will walk through the borders of Doi Inthanon National Park and Mae Wang National Park.
- We will stop at a beautiful cascading waterfall for lunch and have the opportunity to have a splash around in the water if you like.
- We will trek by many viewpoints where you will get amazing panoramic views of the rainforest and be able to spot many jungle creatures like monkeys and gibbons.
- On the one day trek, you will visit the farm stay built by a local Karen Hilltribe family and learn more about their culture and traditional medicine.
- We will arrive back in Chiang Mai around 6.30 pm.
2 Day Trek – Doi Inthanon National Park
- Duration: 1 night, 2 days
- Total Time Trekking: 6 hours (Day 1) 4 hours (Day 2)
- Meals: 4 meals included (lunch and dinner, breakfast and lunch)
- Difficulty: Medium,(mix of uphills and downhills)
- Season: Available all year but if heavy rain occurs for many days, it is not possible.
2 Day Itinerary:
- We will pick you up from your hostel or guesthouse between 7-7.30am.
- Along the way, we will stop at a bustling local market to pick up some snacks and supplies and take a bathroom break.
- In the van, we will pass by the Hoi Tong Karen Hilltribe village before reaching the starting point of our Doi Inthanon hiking trail.
- On day one, we will hike for around 6 hours through beautiful countryside along the borders of Mae Wang and Doi Inthanon National Park.
- We will stop for lunch by a beautiful cascading waterfall. Here, you can swim and relax and take in the beauty of the rainforest.
- You will also pass many beautiful viewpoints to get panoramic views of the mountains and jungle and you can spot many beautiful birds as well as monkeys and gibbons in the trees.
- In the late afternoon, you will arrive at Churkee Farm Stay, where you are going to be spending the night.
- Here you will spend a relaxing evening and if you like, you have the opportunity to enjoy the traditional herbal steam room that’s been used for centuries by the Karen hilltribe people for health and wellbeing.
- That night, you will sit around a campfire and enjoy a traditional Thai meal prepared by your guide.
- Wake up in the heart of the jungle and, if you like, before breakfast take a short stroll to see if the gibbons are in their tree and say hello!
- After a wholesome breakfast, we will start our trek at around 9.30 am.
- On day two, we will trek for about 4 hours through the rainforest.
- We will stop for lunch at a scenic spot along the trail.
- We will reach the end of the trek and leave to arrive back in Chiang Mai at around 5.30 pm.