- FLORES TO LOMBOK – Runs Every Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
- LOMBOK TO FLORES (Book here) – Runs Every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday.
Itinerary for 4-Day, 3-Night Trip: Flores to Lombok via Komodo National Park
START – 7.30 am: Labuan Bajo, Flores Island —> FINISH – 9 am: Kayangan Harbour, Lombok.
DAY 1: Labuan Bajo – Rinca Island – Pink Beach – Komodo Island
- At 7.30am you will get a free pick up from your hotel in Labuan Bajo.
- Rinca Island: First up on our adventure, we’ll sail from Labuan Bajo to the rugged Rinca Island, where we’ll set off on a trek to spot Komodo Dragons! As the habitat of Rinca is smaller than Komodo Island, the dragons can be easier to spot here. You will also see many other animals on the island; cattle, buffalo, monkeys, partridge, birds etc.
- Pink Beach: After trekking around Rinca, we will head over to the amazing Pink Beach of Komodo Island! (The sand on the beach is pink because it is made up of tiny pieces of coral reef, formed by millions of years of erosion. It’s truly a sight you have to see to believe!) Pink Beach is the best place to snorkel on Komodo Island where there are beautiful clear waters, amazing coral reef and an abundance of tropical sea creatures.
- Komodo Island: After we have finished snorkelling, we will continue on to Komodo Island for more dragon hunting (with camera only). We will spend 2-3 hours here on the island trekking to see these incredible prehistoric creatures.
- Enjoy the sunset on the boat deck with new friends.
DAY 2: Padar Island – Manta Point – Gili Laba
- Padar Island: In the morning, we’ll head to Padar Island where we’ll take a hike to an incredible viewpoint where you can see amazing views across the whole archipelago.
- Manta Point: Next up on the agenda, we we will also sail to different points in search of the amazing Manta Rays that are abundant in this area. You will enjoy snorkelling close to these amazing and enormous creatures.
- Gili Laba: We will continue our day with more snorkelling around the beautiful island of Gili Laba. The best thing to do on Gili Laba is to trek to the very top of the island to enjoy the amazing panoramic views over the Flores landscape!
DAY 3: Moyo Island
- We will rise early and hike together to a beautiful waterfall on Moyo Island where you can climb and dive into a freshwater lake.
- Moyo is quite a large island but it is mostly uninhabited, save for just six local fishing and farming communities that live there. For an island of 349 square kilometres, only 1000 people live there and the island is completely unknown to the vast majority of tourists.
- For the rest of the day we will enjoy the beautiful beaches and clean ocean around Moyo Island. We will spend the day swimming and snorkelling amongst pristine coral reefs and discovering diverse marine life. At the end of the day we’ll enjoy dinner and watch a final sunset from the boat deck.
DAY 4: Kanawa Island – Kayangan Harbour (East Lombok)
- In the early morning, we will go for a short hike on Kanawa Island.
- The boat will arrive at 8am or 9am at Kayangan Harbour in East Lombok.
- From here, we will arrange free onward transport to several places across Lombok Island.
Onward Transport on Lombok – Included in the Price
- Included in the price of the trip is a transfer bus service from East Lombok to Kuta and Bangsal Harbour.
- On the way, you will pass Mataram and Senggigi and can be dropped there if you like.
- You can also get free drop off at Lombok Airport.
- PLUS a FREE public boat ticket from Bangsal Harbour to one of the Gili Islands of your choice: Gili Trawangan, Gili Air or Gili Meno.
Accommodation on the boat
There are two choices of accommodation on this trip.
Most backpackers prefer the ‘deck class’ sleeping arrangement. This means that you will sleep on the shared deck with fellow travellers and be given mattress, pillow and blanket. Sleeping under the stars on the boat is basic in terms of comfort, but an unforgettable experience.
Cabins are available if you prefer your own private room (1 room, 2 people). However, please try to book 3 weeks or 1 month in advance as there are only 3 cabins per boat and availability fills up fast. In the cabin, you are provided with a double mattress, pillow, blanket and towel per person, plus fan.
*Please note: If you book a cabin as a solo traveller, depending on how many people are on the boat, you may have to share your cabin with another person.
Boats and Safety
Wanua Adventure travels with 9 big boats that have the capacity for 15 to 45 people. All boats are equipped with lifejackets and life boats are installed for your safety in the unlikely event of an emergency. To avoid running into any problems on one of our voyages Wanua Adventure avoid sailing during the rainy season, December – March, when the seas can be rough.
Please Read: SEA Backpacker Disclaimer
- This is a rugged backpacker adventure NOT a luxury cruise – The facilities on the boat are basic. Depending on what you are looking for, this could be a very exciting adventure or a very uncomfortable experience.
- We do not recommend this trip to families with small children.
- There are many boat companies in Lombok who run this route and none of them are perfect. We have searched around over the past year to find a boat company to do this journey and we believe that Wanua Adventure are the best company. However, there is still a risk with this particular journey from Lombok to Flores as the seas can be rough. For your own personal safety, we recommend that you check the weather forecast before sailing.
- DO YOUR RESEARCH: Before booking, please research this route properly, have a look around at the good and bad reviews online and make your own decision about whether you want to do this trip. South East Asia Backpacker is not liable for anything that may happen during the four days that you are sailing.
- Please read the Wanua Adventure Trip Advisor reviews carefully here. You can also read our article on the trip here. Plus, here’s a recent blog written by two of our blogger friends about the trip with Wanua Adventure.
- We recommend that you have Travel Insurance before booking this trip.
- Tips to enjoy this trip: Take extra snacks, take extra soft drinks, take sea-sickness tablets, take fins for snorkelling.