- FLORES TO LOMBOK – Runs Every Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
- LOMBOK TO FLORES (Book here) – Runs Every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday.
Itinerary for 4-Day, 3-Night Trip: Flores to Lombok via Komodo National Park
START – 7.15 am: Labuan Bajo, Flores Island —> FINISH – 9 am: Kayangan Harbour, Lombok.
PICK UP – If you are staying in Labuan Bajo in Flores you can arrange pick up (recommended) for 50,000 IDR extra. Pick up is at 7.15am and you will need to provide your accommodation address to the boat company. If you prefer to make your own way to the Wanua Adventure office be sure to arrive by 7.30am.
DAY 1: Labuan Bajo – Rinca Island – Pink Beach – Komodo Island
- At 7.15am we meet at the Wanua Adventure Office in Labuan Bajo.
- Rinca Island: First up on our adventure, we’ll sail from Labuan Bajo to the rugged Rinca Island, where we’ll set off on a trek to spot Komodo Dragons! As the habitat of Rinca is smaller than Komodo Island, the dragons can be easier to spot here. You will also see many other animals on the island; cattle, buffalo, monkeys, partridge, birds etc.
- Pink Beach: After trekking around Rinca, we will head over to the amazing Pink Beach of Komodo Island! (The sand on the beach is pink because it is made up of tiny pieces of coral reef, formed by millions of years of erosion. It’s truly a sight you have to see to believe!) Pink Beach is the best place to snorkel on Komodo Island where there are beautiful clear waters, amazing coral reef and an abundance of tropical sea creatures.
- Komodo Island: After we have finished snorkelling, we will continue on to Komodo Island for more dragon hunting (with camera only). We will spend 2-3 hours here on the island trekking to see these incredible prehistoric creatures.
- Enjoy the sunset on the boat deck with new friends.
DAY 2: Padar Island – Namo (Long) Beach – Gili Laba or Gili Banta
- Padar Island: In the morning, we’ll head to Padar Island where we’ll take a hike to an incredible viewpoint where you can see amazing views across the whole archipelago.
- Namo (Long) Beach: Next stop is Namo Beach, a great place for snorkelling and beach games.
- Gili Laba or Gili Banta: We will continue our day with more snorkelling around either the beautiful island of Gili Laba or Gili Banta.
- During the night we will travel to Moyo Island (14-17 hour journey).
DAY 3: Moyo Island and Gili Bola or Gili Bedil
- We will rise early and hike together to a beautiful waterfall on Moyo Island where you can climb and dive into a freshwater lake.
- Moyo is quite a large island but it is mostly uninhabited, save for just six local fishing and farming communities that live there. For an island of 349 square kilometres, only 1000 people live there and the island is completely unknown to the vast majority of tourists.
- We will enjoy the beautiful beaches and clean ocean around Moyo Island. We will spend the day swimming and snorkelling amongst pristine coral reefs and discovering diverse marine life. At the end of the day, we’ll enjoy dinner and watch a final sunset from the boat deck.
- We’ll set sail for Gili Bola or Gili Bedil, where we will swim and play beach games.
DAY 4: Kanawa Island – Kayangan Harbour (East Lombok)
- In the early morning, we will go for a short hike on Kanawa Island.
- The boat will arrive at 8 am or 9 am at Kayangan Harbour in East Lombok.
- From here, we will arrange free onward transport to several places across Lombok Island.
Onward Transport on Lombok – Included in the Price
- Included in the price of the trip is a transfer bus service from East Lombok to: Kuta (Lombok), Mataram City, Senggigi, Bangsal Harbour.
- You can also get a free drop off at Lombok Airport.
- PLUS a FREE public boat ticket from Bangsal Harbour to one of the Gili Islands of your choice: Gili Trawangan, Gili Air or Gili Meno.
- Please note: Due to government regulations and traffic, you can only be dropped off at certain meeting points in the places above, rather than at a specific accommodation. We suggest that you take a taxi from there to where you nee to be. Arriving in Bangsal Harbour, we can arrange the ticket to the Gili Islands for you. (Be aware that the last boat for Gili Meno leaves at 2pm.)
Accommodation on the boat
There are two choices of accommodation on this trip.
Please be aware that when you reserve your space on this website, you will automatically be given deck class accommodation. If you would like to request an upgrade to cabin class, you can do so in the ‘additional information’ box when booking.
Deck Class – $205 US
Most backpackers prefer the ‘deck class’ sleeping arrangement. This means that you will sleep on the shared deck with fellow travellers and be given mattress, pillow and blanket. Sleeping under the stars on the boat is basic in terms of comfort, but an unforgettable experience.
Cabin Class – $240 US
Cabins are available if you prefer your own private room (1 room, 2 people). However, availability is limited as there are only 3 cabins per boat. For those who wish to upgrade to cabin class, we recommend that you book at least one month in advance. In the cabin, you are provided with a double mattress, pillow, blanket and towel per person, plus fan.
Boats and Safety
Wanua Adventure travels with 9 big boats that have the capacity for 15 to 45 people. All boats are equipped with lifejackets and life boats are installed for your safety in the unlikely event of an emergency. To avoid running into any problems on one of our voyages Wanua Adventure avoid sailing during the rainy season, December – March, when the seas can be rough.
Please Read: SEA Backpacker Disclaimer
- This is a rugged backpacker adventure NOT a luxury cruise – The facilities on the boat are basic. Depending on what you are looking for, this could be a very exciting adventure or a very uncomfortable experience.
- We do not recommend this trip to families with small children.
- There are many boat companies in Lombok who run this route and none of them are perfect. We have searched around over the past year to find a boat company to do this journey and we believe that Wanua Adventure are one of the best companies. However, there is still a risk with this particular journey from Lombok to Flores as the seas can be rough. For your own personal safety, we recommend that you check the weather forecast before sailing.
- DO YOUR RESEARCH: Before booking, please research this route properly, have a look around at the good and bad reviews online and make your own decision about whether you want to do this trip.
- When booking via this website, South East Asia Backpacker is not liable for anything that may happen during the four days that you are sailing.
- Please read the Wanua Adventure Trip Advisor reviews carefully here. You can also read our article on the trip here.
- We recommend that you have Travel Insurance before booking this trip.
- Tips to enjoy this trip: Take extra snacks, take extra soft drinks, take sea-sickness tablets, take fins for snorkelling.