Updated October 27th, 2018.
Imagine yourself in a world of crystal clear beaches, rich green scenarios and mountaintop views of the whole of Halong Bay! With the Halong Island Hideaway Tour, you will visit the best and untouched parts of Halong Bay and have an unforgettable experience of a paradisical world.
This tour is run by the Central Backpackers Hostel in Hanoi.
DAY 1 – Hanoi to Hideaway island, Halong Bay
- Meet the tour guide at 7:45 am in Hanoi at the Central Backpackers’ Hostel for departure. You will be travelling by bus and boat to the Hideaway Island. Along the way, you’ll witness the beauty of Cat Ba Island.
- A long day of activities will start by taking a boat and cruising around the bay enjoying the beautiful scenery and passing the floating village. While lunch is served you will have the opportunity to experience, visit and take pictures of the floating village where fishermen spend their whole life.
- After lunch, we will continue cruising to a quiet area where you will be able to challenge yourself to a four-metre boat jump!
On our way to the Hideaway Island will be plenty of time for beach activities like…
- Ping Pong Table
- Football Table
- Pool Table
- Sunset Party
- High-Speed Tubing (Note: The high-speed tubing will have an extra $10 USD cost so please ask your tour leaders for more information.)
At the end of the day, a barbecue dinner will be served and the party will begin!
DAY 2 – All Day Adventure
- The second day will start in a very quiet area of the bay and a delicious breakfast will be served from 7:00 am to 9:00 am.
- We will start our excursion in day boats heading throw a beautiful and quiet area where the movie ‘ King Kong’ was shot. There you will have another opportunity to do boat jumping.
- After lunch, we bring you to a remote village where the local people settle down differently. In this village, you will be able to cycle through stunning landscapes, traditional houses, and tunnels.
- The cherry on the top of the cake will be when you trek through the jungle, in this trek, you will stop at the “Bat Cave”, and at the end of the trek, you will have a beautiful view of the whole village.
Note: Hiking shoes will be highly recommended.
Returning to the Hideaway island you will enjoy a sunset party, meet new people and have a barbecue dinner.
DAY 3 – Hideaway Island, Halong Bay to Hanoi
- On the last day of the tour, you don’t have to leave until after lunch so you can enjoy a slow morning without any rush.
- You can enjoy your last hours on the Island by kayaking around one of the quietest areas, this a unique experience that the tour will provide.
- After lunch, you will need to say goodbye because you will have to return to the modern and busy life of Hanoi. You will arrive at the Central Backpackers’ Hostel approximately at 17:00 pm.
- All your accommodation
- All meals
- Boat trip
- Tour guide
- All activity
- Any entrance fees
What’s not included?
- High – speed Tubing
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
Can you do this trip from Cat Ba Island?
For budget backpackers who are travelling to Cat Ba Island and prefer to do a full day tour, rather than an overnight tour, we have an option for you, that’s run by our sister hostel Central Backpackers Hostel – Cat Ba. On this one-day tour, you will not only visit Halong Bay but also Lan Ha Bay as well.
We start the tour at 8 am with excursions through Lan Ha Bay and Ha Long Bay. You will enjoy the following activities:
- Kayak tour ( 2 hours )
- Visit caves
- Visit floating fishing villages
- Visit Monkey Island
The tour costs 368.000 VND ($16 USD). This does not include drinks.