Explore amazing seascapes and make new travel buddies on the famous Halong Hideaway Boat Trip! On this two or three-day adventure, you’ll visit the best and untouched parts of Halong Bay and Lan Ha Bay and witness life on the floating fishing villages. You’ll sail by immense limestone karsts and lose yourself in a world of lush tropical landscapes, amazing mountain views and emerald-green waters. During the trip, you’ll enjoy a range of activities such as kayaking, cycling, caving, trekking, boat jumping, swimming, relaxing in the on-deck jacuzzi and partying the night away with new friends!
- Meet your tour guide at 7:45 am in Hanoi at the Central Backpackers’ Hostel / Hanoi Buffalo Hostel for departure. You will be travelling by bus and boat to Halong Bay. Along the way, you’ll witness the beauty of Cat Ba Island.
- A jam-packed day of activities will begin by taking a boat and cruising around Halong Bay enjoying the beautiful scenery and passing by an authentic floating village.
- Enjoy a delicious Vietnamese lunch on the boat, complete with epic views of the bay as you sail by new landscapes.
- After lunch, we will continue cruising to a quiet area of the bay where you can challenge yourself to a four-metre boat jump and swim in the bay.
- After spending a fun afternoon cruising and enjoying getting to know your crew mates, the boat will anchor and you can settle down with a cocktail of your choice to watch a spectacular sunset.
- At the end of a wonderful day, a BBQ dinner (vegetarian and vegan food available) will be served and after dark – the party will really begin!
- The second day will start in a very tranquil area of Halong Bay and you will enjoy a delicious breakfast from 7am-9 am.
- We will start the adventure in day boats heading through a beautiful region where the movie “King Kong” was shot. Here you will have another opportunity to do boat jumping!
- We will enjoy a delicious lunch on the boat.
👉 Note: If you choose the 2-day, 1-night trip, you will say goodbye to the group after lunch on Day 2 and commence your journey back to Hanoi. You will arrive at the Central Backpackers’ Hostel approximately at 5pm. The rest of the activities in this itinerary are not included in the 2-day. 1-night tour…
- After lunch, we will pause at a remote fishing village in the heart of Halong Bay.
- You will cycle through unique landscapes, see traditional houses, explore tunnels and visit the mysterious “Bat Cave”
- After that, we will go on an amazing jungle trek up a hill (hiking shoes recommended) where you’ll be rewarded for your efforts with spectacular views over the whole bay.
- In the late afternoon, we will return to the Halong Hideaway cruise ready for a BBQ dinner (vegetarian and vegan food available) and a sunset party in the middle of nowhere!
- On the last day of the tour, you can enjoy a slow morning without any rush, taking in the spectacular scenery, sunbathing on the deck or swimming in the sea.
- After breakfast, you will take a spectacular kayak tour around one of the most beautiful and peaceful areas of Halong Bay for a magical experience – this is one of the highlights of the trip!
- After a delicious lunch, we will make our way back by boat to the harbour and then onwards by bus to Hanoi.
- You will arrive at the Central Backpackers’ Hostel approximately at 5 pm.
Mostly, the rooms on the boat are small dorm rooms shared between 3-4 people. This means if you are a solo traveller or a couple, you will be paired with other travellers on the boat to share a room. We will always try to match you with someone of the same gender. If you are a group of 3-4 friends, you can, of course, request to be in the same room together. If you are a couple wanting a double room or a solo traveller wanting a single room, you can request a private room for two people or a private room for one person (by yourself). See examples of the rooms below:
The food is healthy, fresh Vietnamese cuisine. Vegetarian and vegan options are available. If you have a specific diet or an allergy, we are able to cater for you. Please inform us at the time of booking.
English speaking local guide.
- All accommodation on the Halong Hideaway Cruise Ship
- All meals – 3 x day
- Boat cruise
- English-speaking tour guide
- Transport to and from Hanoi
- All activities; trekking, kayaking, cycling, caving etc.
- Any entrance fees
- Personal expenses
- Travel Insurance
- What do I need to bring on the tour? Comfortable clothes, swim wear, sun-screen, sun hat, sunglasses, hiking shoes. flip-flops.
In August 2022 the itinerary for Halong Hideaway changed. Reviews from before then describe the previous slightly altered itinerary. The tour is still run by the same amazing team, visiting the same incredible scenery and each day ending with the same legendary parties.