Halong Bay is the most popular tourist attraction in Vietnam and that means one thing – it can get crowded! Escape the crowds on this one-of-a-kind exclusive boat trip to Lan Ha Bay – the best-kept secret in North Vietnam! Step aboard a luxury junk and explore the hidden gems that most tourists will miss… Spend the night in an eco-village in the heart of Cat Ba! This trip offers all of the best bits of Halong Bay, without any of the hassle!
Itinerary – Real Lan Ha Bay Experience – 3 Days, 2 Nights
- START – DAY 1: Hanoi 8:30 am.
- FINISH – DAY 3: Hanoi 4:15 pm or 6:45 pm.
DAY 1 # MORNING – HANOI TO TUAN CHAU HARBOUR
- 08:30 – You will be collected at your hotel or hostel in Hanoi and leave the city on a comfortable Limousine D-Car Bus. It takes approximately 3 hours to get to Tuan Chau Harbour, and you will arrive around 11.30 am.
- 11:30 – 11:45 – The Rosycruise team will welcome you and take you to the transfer ship to move to Rosy Cruise Overnight on Lan Ha Bay.
- 12:15 – 12:45 – You board the cruise and visit the restaurant area to enjoy welcome drinks while listening to a brief introduction to the safety regulation guide and schedule on the boat.
- 13:00 – 13:30 – Enjoy lunch in the 4th-floor restaurant.
- 14:00 – Check-in procedures.
- 15:30 – 17:00 – You can kayak, paddle SUP, swim, sunbathe, swim or take a dip in the four-season jacuzzi.
- 17:30 – Enjoy sunset snacks at R’sky bar on the sundeck 5th floor.
- 19:00 – Dinner buffet at the restaurant.
- 20:30 – Relaxing freely, with the option of night squid fishing on the 2nd floor in the lobby outside the Reception or to simply rest, relaxing on the sundeck or in your room.
DAY 2 # CAT BA ISLAND – VIET HAI VILLAGE
06.30: Early morning sun risers can enjoy fresh air on the sundeck.
07.00 – 7:45: – Enjoy the morning view of the Bay’s landscape with a cup of tea or coffee before eating breakfast.
- 08:00: – Mingling yourself in the stunning views of the Bay and its dramatic limestone islets as we sail through the calm emerald waters heading to the area of the Nature Reserve which is used for the background of King Kong movie (Skull Island movie) in 2017
- 09:30 It’s time to say goodbye to the cruise, as you board our speed boat and transfer to the beautiful Viet Hai Village.
- 09:40 Arrive at a local island, where a quaint and picturesque village waits to be explored. Our host will be waiting at the harbour and an electric car will be ready to take you to our homestay.
- 10:00 Arrive at our Homestay and check into your room. Feel free to explore the area:
- The village plays host to traditional houses; in the surrounding areas, you will find local farmers and their water buffaloes ploughing the green fields.
- The indigenous forest is a sight to behold. Be sure to take your camera along as you discover this serene island and its inhabitants.
- 12:00 Enjoy lunch at the homestay and take a moment to rest & relax.
- 13:30 – 17:00 Our host will show you the map of Viet Hai, leading you into the forest for a hike and exploration of a mysterious cave.
- 18:00 Enjoy a traditional dinner at the homestay
- 20:00 – 21:30 Play board games, relax, prepare for your night at the homestay
- Optional (to be organised directly with the host) Join a kayaking tour, paddling to small coves under starlight and maybe even witness glowing plankton transform this already idyllic landscape into a dreamscape!
DAY 3 # CAT BA – HANOI/NINH BINH
- 08:00 Breakfast is served at the homestay, after which you have free time to visit the village to see the daily life of the local people (making rice wine, farming…)
- 10:45 Farewell brunch served at the homestay before taking a boat to Beo Pier.
- 11.20 Leave Viet Hai Village by speed boat.
- 11.40 Arrived in Beo Pier, Cat Ba Town. Our host will get a taxi for you to go to the drop-off point in Cat Ba Town where you can take the connection bus to Hanoi or Ninh Binh.
Return to Hanoi
- Cat Ba island to Hanoi/ Ninh Binh bus is a high-quality service provided by Cat Ba Express. Timetable Cat Ba – Hanoi : 13:15 – 16:15/ 15:30 – 18:45
Solo Travellers, Families & Dietary Requirements
- Solo travellers – If you want to do the Real Lan Ha Bay Experience alone, there will be a single supplement (extra cost) of $185 US.
- Families with children – This trip is suitable for families with young children.
- Dietary requirements – Are you vegetarian, vegan or have an allergy? Please let us know when booking if you have any special dietary requirements and we will try our best to accommodate.