- LOMBOK TO FLORES – Runs Every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday.
- FLORES TO LOMBOK (Book here) – Runs Every Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
Itinerary for 4-Day, 3-Night Trip: Lombok to Flores via Komodo National Park
Start: Ampenan, Lombok Island —> Finish: Labuan Bajo, Flores Island.
Day 1: START: Lombok Kayangan – Kenawa Island – Sleep Next to Bola Island
- We will pick you up from your hotel in Lombok at 8.30am and meet between 9-10 am at the Wanua Adventure office in Ampenan.
- We welcome you with a drink and a little snack, waiting until every guest has arrived and checked in for the adventure!
- We will then drive to the harbour of East Lombok and set sail for Kenawa Island.
- Activities for the day will be snorkelling, swimming and an optional hike up the mountain on Kenawa Island for a breathtaking view of the surrounding area.
- Enjoy the sunset on the boat deck with new friends.
Day 2: Moyo Island
- We rise early for an Indonesian breakfast.
- We will hike together to a beautiful waterfall on Moyo Island where you can climb and dive into the freshwater lake.
- Moyo is quite a large island but it is mostly uninhabited, save for just six local fishing and farming communities that live there. For an island of 349 square kilometres, only 1000 people live there and the island is completely unknown to the vast majority of tourists.
- For the rest of the day we will enjoy the beautiful beaches and clean ocean around Moyo Island. We will spend the day swimming and snorkelling amongst pristine coral reefs and discovering diverse marine life.
- At the end of the day we’ll enjoy dinner and watch the sunset from the boat deck.
Day 3: Laba Island – Manta Point – Komodo Island – Pink Beach
- We will start our day early in the morning with a trek on Laba Island! The best thing to do on Gili Laba is to trek to the very top of the island to enjoy the amazing panoramic views over the Flores landscape!
- After the trek, we will head over to the Pink Beach (so called because of the beautiful pink sand, which is made up of tiny pieces of ancient coral reef that was formed by millions of years of erosion. It has to be seen to be believed!).
- Pink Beach is the best place to snorkel on the island. Here you will see an amazing coral reef, an abundance of fishes and the beach itself is just really unique and a great place to relax.
- From here we will also sail to different points in search of the amazing Manta Rays that are abundant in this area.
- After we have finished snorkelling, we will continue on to Komodo Island (Loh Liang). You think that you’ve already seen such amazing things on this trip, but now it’s time for the real highlight of the tour – seeing the Komodo Dragons! We will spend 2-3 hours here on the island trekking to see these incredible creatures.
Day 4: Padar Island – Rinca Island – Kelor Island – Labuan Bajo (Flores) FINISH TOUR
- In the morning, we will watch the sunrise over beautiful Padar Island.
- At Padar Island, we will set off for another hike to check out the amazing views and rugged landscapes.
- We’ll then hop back on the boat and sail back to Rinca Island (Loh Buaya). here, we will set off again on a trek to spot the Komodo Dragons. On this island, the dragons are even easier to spot as the habitat is smaller than Komodo. The dragons here can also be more aggressive so we will be very careful when we trek. On this island, you will also see many other animals; cattle, buffalo, monkeys, partridge, birds etc.
- After we have finished our trek on Loh Buaya, we will continue our tour to Kelor Island, where we will stop for a swim and a snorkel.
- From Kelor, we will proceed to the town of Labuan Bajo on the island of Flores which is the end of our amazing tour! We will finish the tour around 5.30pm, depending on weather conditions.
Accommodation on the boat
There are two choices of accommodation on this trip.
Most backpackers prefer the ‘deck class’ sleeping arrangement. This means that you will sleep on the shared deck with fellow travellers and be given mattress, pillow and blanket. Sleeping under the stars on the boat is basic in terms of comfort, but an unforgettable experience.
Cabins are available if you prefer your own private room (1 room, 2 people). However, please try to book 3 weeks or 1 month in advance as there are only 3 cabins per boat and availability fills up fast. In the cabin, you are provided with a double mattress, pillow, blanket and towel per person, plus fan.
*Please note: If you book a cabin as a solo traveller, depending on how many people are on the boat, you may have to share your cabin with another person.
Boats and Safety
Wanua Adventures travels with 9 big boats that have the capacity for 15 to 45 people. All boats are equipped with lifejackets and life boats are installed for your safety in the unlikely event of an emergency. To avoid running into any problems on one of our voyages we avoid sailing during the rainy season, December – March, when the seas can be rough.
Free Pick Up Included
Pick up from the following places in Lombok is included in the price:
- Bangsal Harbour
- Kuta, Lombok – If you are staying in Kuta, Lombok, pick-up will cost an extra 100,000 IDR per person.
The pick up is at 8.30 am. If you would like to make your way to our office in Ampenan (Lombok) by yourself, please be sure to arrive at 9am on the day of departure.
To book you must pay a deposit online in $USD. The rest of the payment will be due (in cash only) in Indonesian Rupiah at the Wanua Adventures Office on the day of departure.
Please Read: SEA Backpacker Disclaimer
- This is a rugged backpacker adventure NOT a luxury cruise – The facilities on the boat are basic. Depending on what you are looking for, this could be a very exciting adventure or a very uncomfortable experience.
- We do not recommend this trip to families with small children.
- There are many boat companies in Lombok who run this route and none of them are perfect. We have searched around over the past year to find a boat company to do this journey and we believe that Wanua Adventure are one of the best companies. However, there is still a risk with this particular journey from Lombok to Flores as the seas can be rough. For your own personal safety, we recommend that you check the weather forecast before sailing.
- DO YOUR RESEARCH: Before booking, please research this route properly, have a look around at the good and bad reviews online and make your own decision about whether you want to do this trip. South East Asia Backpacker is not liable for anything that may happen during the four days that you are sailing.
- Please read the Wanua Adventure Trip Advisor reviews carefully here. You can also read our article on the trip here. Plus, here’s a recent blog written by two of our blogger friends about the trip with Wanua Adventure.
- We recommend that you have Travel Insurance before booking this trip.
- Tips to enjoy this trip: Take extra snacks, take extra soft drinks, take sea-sickness tablets, take fins for snorkelling.