Updated October 15th, 2018.
Deepen your knowledge about meditation and gain confidence in teaching!
Whether you are a yoga teacher, a meditation practitioner, or just eager to learn more about yourself, this 10-day meditation teacher training course is for you!
After completion of this training, you will have…
- The skills and confidence to guide meditations
- The knowledge of a vast variety of meditations
- The creativity to fit the right meditation for the right audience and situation
- The knowledge of ancient meditation philosophies
- A deepened human understanding to guide and coach people
- A progressive set of tools to facilitate (corporate) trainings
- An official Meditation Teacher Certification with the Institute for Meditation which allows you to teach all over the world
What topics does the training cover?
- Meditation practice – we will practice different types of meditation such as focused attention meditations, silent sitting meditations, enquiry meditations and movement meditations. If you are more of a beginner you will gain experience – if you are a more seasonal meditator you might discover new types of meditations and open up your possibilities of practice and teaching!
- Meditation philosophy – Our teachings are based on philosophies of Taoism, Advaita and Buddhism. We focus on becoming aware of basic assumptions about life and their implications in your daily life. We all hold explicit and implicit ideas about who we are, who other people are, what is preferable, significant, good or bad, etc. With ancient teachings and models from Taoism and Advaita philosophy, we unveil limiting ideas and explore a natural, open-minded way of living. With the ancient knowledge of Buddhism, we’ll investigate the vicious circle of searching and suffering in life (Samsara) and the opportunity for liberation from this cycle (Nirvana).
- Art of teaching – in our trainings we have experienced that teaching meditation is the most effective way of learning about meditation. You will be able to raise fundamental questions only when you are actively sharing meditation.
- Meditation sequencing – you will receive a blueprint of how to design and sequence meditations. During the training you will practice with this and you will gain the confidence to play around with the provided framework.
How does a day in the training look like?
- 50 Hours Certificate Training
- The training consists of 10 consecutive days
(please be aware the schedule might change)
07.00 – 08.00 Meditation practice
09.00 – 13.00 Meditation philosophy & Art of Teaching
17.00 – 18.00 Movement meditation
Who will be my facilitators?
Good question! Your facilitators are Merel Martens and Paul Verkuijlen and the founders of Institute for Meditation. Paul and Merel are both from the Netherlands but have been living in the South East Asia region for a good number of years now.
Paul started his journey of exploration of meditation in India and has since spent much time in different meditation centres and ashrams in India, Australia and Portugal. After seeing many teachers and studying many ancient philosophies, he recognized the nature of reality. This is when he started to share his passion for meditation.
Merel has been living in India for six years, where she founded and managed a successful yoga and meditation teacher training school. Throughout the years she has trained over 300+ teacher training students to become successful yoga teachers and therapists. (Funny fact: the owners of this website, Nikki and Dave, took their training back in 2017!)
Merel is still super passionate about the practice of yoga for herself but feels more drawn to sharing meditation and the philosophy behind that.
Our vision on meditation
At the Institute for Meditation when we talk about meditation we don’t refer only to the practice of meditation. Most of all, we refer to an open and natural way of living. The practice of meditation supports a responsive approach to what is happening in your life, instead of a controlled approach to what should be different in your life
Location – Koh Phangan (15 – 24 Jan 2019. 15 – 24 Feb 2019)
The January and February trainings take place on one of the most special islands in Thailand: Koh Phangan! The island of the full moon parties, BUT… of meditation and yoga and vegan food too.
The meditation teacher training will be accommodated by one of the most vibrant meditation centres of Koh Phangan: Samma Karuna. Samma Karuna is an International School of Awakening, Healing and a Yoga Retreat Centre. Samma Karuna is nestled amongst the palm trees, beautiful beaches, and jungle landscapes of Koh Phangan.
Location – Bali (19 – 28 Nov 2018. 19 – 28 Dec 2018)
More info coming soon.