Updated April 19th, 2018.
Located about an hour south of Hoi An you will find the multi-coloured art-lovers paradise of Tam Thanh!
Here, every house is painted with a unique mural which depicts (mainly) local people going about their daily lives in Quang Nam Province. Huge paintings adorn house walls and small paintings beckon visitors down alleyways. The village is the first of its kind in Vietnam and stands out brightly amidst other provincial fishing villages of the Vietnamese coast.
The project was inspired by the Korean Community Art Exchange Program and the Vietnamese People’s Committee of Quang Nam Province to bring art to local people no matter their social or economic background. In summer 2016, over 100 murals were painted in the small village where around 25 families live… The murals were painted by five Korean artists, seven Vietnamese artists and local volunteers.
“Art for Better Community” – in Hoi An, Vietnam
Start time: 13:00
- From from meeting point, we head to Tam Ky City across Cua Dai bridge.
- With the length approximate 1,400 metres, Cua Dai bridge is an important construction to carry the banner for the future development of the district.
- Along this road, you’ll have the chance to discover the dazzling, remote, largely unpopulated beaches, punctuated with occasional fishing communities, and stretch after stretch of scenic rural farms and villages…
- You will visit Chien Dan Cham Tower on your trip to Tam Ky. A huge group of three temples which is still standing after more than a thousand years!
- You will also visit the 32 km Ky Anh guerrilla warfare tunnel complex, which now being made into a tourist destination by the Central Province of Quang Nam.
- Along the way, you will have 30-45mins stop to visit Vietnamese Heroic Mother Statue. The statue resembles “Heroic Mother” Nguyen Thi Thu, who was from Dien Thang Commune, Dien Ban District, in the province and whose 11 children and grandchildren all died in Vietnam’s liberation fight.
- After that, we will head to the star of the day – the Tam Thanh Mural Village!
- The story of Tam Thanh Mural Village begins with a group of volunteers from Korea who turned their artistic talents into transforming the Tam Thanh fishing village in Quang Nam into the first mural village of Vietnam!
- The project follows the concept – “Art for Better Community”,
- After we’ve had a good look around all of the murals, we will return to Hoi An.
End time: 17:00