1. Be CleanIt’s a simple one, yet many backpackers fail to realise that a quick wash is all it takes! Just because you’re living on a budget doesn’t mean you need to be dirty! A quick shower can make you feel alive again. It’s the perfect hangover cure and is a lifesaver in thirty-degree heat. If you’re near the beach you can also use sand as an exfoliant, as it makes your skin feel silky smooth. Just remember to wash it off. And before you ask, no, going in the ocean doesn’t count as having a shower!
2. Be ProtectedThe sun gives out essential happiness vitamins, so get out there, but make sure you’re protected. Sunstroke sweats and a bright red face isn’t the best look and you don’t want to damage yourself in the future. Make sure that you’re chasing the sun with Factor 30 in your beach bag!
3. Keep FitDon’t worry, I’m not telling you that while you’re on the road you should be working out to insanity every morning. That involves way too much effort! All you need to do is go outdoors and explore your destination. Walk around a new city, ride bikes through the countryside or go for a swim in the ocean. It’s pretty easy to exercise when you’re on the constantly on the move. You’ve got this!
4. Be NaturalLooking good doesn’t require much effort when you’ve got sunkissed skin and a beaming smile. Just keep the hair growth under control and girls, remember that minimal makeup is the way forward when you’re travelling, as half the time you’ll be sweating it off or smudging it anyway. All you need is an eyebrow pencil, good mascara and a little bit of lippy that compliments your tone. It will only take you 15 minutes to get ready and you’ll look absolutely radiant. Trust me!
5. Be BlissfulTry new things and grab every great opportunity that is thrown your way. There is no finer beauty than the glow of happiness!
Join Over 20,000 Happy Backpackers in Our Facebook Group!
Find travel buddies. Get advice. Have all your questions answered by travellers on the ground in Southeast Asia right now.