Almost as amazing as the country itself, Vietnam Backpacker Hostels have developed a name for themselves as one the best hostel groups in all of South East Asia.
Their Downtown location in Hanoi is a prime example of what makes them such an iconic accommodation option for all travellers. With incredible tours on offer and perhaps the best social atmosphere in the whole city, it is little wonder that their reputation stretches far and wide as the only place worth staying at in Hanoi.
Why is Downtown Hanoi Backpackers’ Hostel a Best Hostel?
1. Epic Tours: When it comes to organising the best activities in Vietnam, Hanoi Backpackers’ Hostel are the experts! Whether you want to cruise around one of the 7 wonders of the world, Halong Bay, on their incredibly fun Castaways Island Tour, or explore the underrated rural gem of Mai Chau Valley, they have all the options covered. Just pop into the hostel, take a seat at the helpful Travel Desk, and let their experienced staff guide you in the right direction. Looking to head south and want to check out all of the best attractions along the way? Do not miss The Buffalo Run – a 7-day overland adventure from Hanoi to Hoi An. Guaranteed to be one of the highlights of your time in South East Asia!
2. Infamous Bar: The fun never stops in Downtown’s bar. Two-for-one happy hours, entertaining drinking games and free shots, whenever there is cause for a special occasion, ensures that you will always be in the dancing spirit. Themed parties are held a couple of nights a week to keep things fresh and make sure that no two evenings spent in their bar are ever the same. The bar closes at 11pm, but rejoice in the fact that every night Downtown Hanoi Backpackers’ Hostel hosts free pub crawls leaving from the bar straight to the best nightlife spots in town. There is never a dull night when you are hanging out Downtown! Don’t forget to fuel up before the shenanigans by sampling some of their delicious food also on the menu.
3. Social Atmosphere: One of the best parts of backpacking is meeting like-minded people, and Downtown Hanoi Backpackers’ Hostel is set up perfectly to make it extremely easy to engage with other travellers. While the bar is cranking in the evenings, during the day the chill-out lounge area upstairs becomes the place to relax and socialise. Decked out with bean bags and couches sprawled in front of the big screen TV, a pool table, new computers to use for free and an outdoor patio, it is the perfect getaway from the hectic streets of Hanoi. Forge new friendships that could last a lifetime all within the walls of the Downtown hostel. Also don’t miss out on the free walking tours in the mornings, and great bicycle tours of the city – another great way to explore Hanoi and meet cool people.
4. Perfect Location: Hanoi’s Old Quarter is one of the most fascinating neighbourhoods in the city, and the Downtown Hanoi Backpackers’ Hostel is situated right in the middle of it! Just step outside the doors to experience some of the best and cheapest eats in the whole country, and there is more Bia Hoi (fresh beer) than you could shake a keg at. Most of Hanoi’s main attractions are within walking distance from the hostel, or you can easily rent a bicycle to head out to the outer districts such as West Lake.
5. Amazing Staff: Such a large and dedicated outfit needs experienced and knowledgeable staff, and Downtown Hanoi Backpackers Hostel has them in droves! With a healthy mix of local and foreign staff that are trained to cater for all your needs, they are one of the biggest assets the hostel has. From the fun-loving tour guides to their helpful reception staff, everyone beams enthusiasm from the moment you meet them. Be careful though, because everyone seems to be loving their job so much, they might just persuade you to join the ranks…
Prices: Dorms start at US$5 USD. Private rooms also available. Breakfast included.
- Address: 9 Ma May, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Vietnam
- Phone: +84 (0) 4 3935 1891
Loving the Vietnam Backpacker Hostels? They also have other great accommodations in Hoi An and Hue, as well as their “Original” Hanoi Backpackers Hostel in Hanoi.