Updated November 18th, 2017.
Us Hostel is a brand new hostel on the popular island of Koh Samui. Built in 2016, it offers backpackers a modern and stylish place to sleep and relax, complete with a spacious pool and luxury decking area in which to socialise, enjoy a beer, or get your tan on…
What makes US Hostel a Best Hostel?
1. A funky industrial style: This newly built hostel has a really cool feel (think industrial mixed with modern)! Recycled shipping containers are used as dorm rooms and in the bar area but they’ve been painted and decked out to look no different than a stylish hotel. A totally unique place to stay in Koh Samui.
2. Take a dip in Us Hostel’s pool… The swimming pool’s clean and sleek style surrounded by decking makes it the hub of the hostel on those long, sunny Thai days! Even better the pool is open from 7 am till midnight, so whether you fancy a morning swim or a late night dip, the pool is yours.
3. Cool vibes at the cocktail bar! Us Hostel’s bar wouldn’t look out of place amongst the bars you see on a night out back home. Cocktails are served in fancy glasses with a generous menu made up of the classics as well as some Thai twists, and the area is lit up giving it a really cool vibe. If you feel like getting dressed up, this bar is a great place to do it and the perfect place to start your night.
4. It’s quirky location: The Fishing Village at Bophut Beach is a great escape from Koh Samui’s tourist trap of Chaweng Beach, with a more relaxed and upmarket feel. It has plenty of restaurants catering for all budgets and quaint little markets on certain nights where you can bag some bargains. But if you’re missing the bright lights and pumping EDC music of Chaweng it’s only a short 10-minute ride tuk-tuk ride away – you get the best of both worlds!
5. Not a spot of dirt in site: When you’ve been travelling for months and are starting to feel quite grubby, it’s really refreshing staying in a hostel that is extra clean. The staff at Us Hostel do a fantastic job of keeping all the communal areas in pristine form and you’ll feel like a new person after you’ve taken a visit to their showers. Pretty unusual for just 380 baht per night!
Costs: – Dorm beds start from 380 baht.
Check out Us Hostel in Koh Samui on Facebook.
South East Asia Backpacker's Chosen Resources!
"These are the companies that we put our trust in during our travels in Southeast Asia. If you're going to book flights, hotels or buy travel insurance, please support our website by using the affiliate links below. That way, we'll receive a small commission - at no extra cost to you!" (Nikki & Dave - SEA Backpacker Editors)