Please note: This trek cannot run with less than 3 people. If you are booking for 3 people your trek date is guaranteed. However, if you are booking for less than 3 people we will join you with an existing tour. Please select your preferred date using the calendar and we will contact you to tell you if there is already a tour running on your chosen date, or suggest an alternative date. We will not take your deposit until a date is agreed upon.
Explore the beautiful Chiang Dao National Park on this one day adventure with us! The trail that you will follow is fairly easy and extremely beautiful and along the way, you will get to experience tropical rainforest and learn about the flora and fauna of the jungle.
During the adventure, we also pay a visit to the intriguing Chiang Dao Cave and the nearby temples, we will visit a local hilltribe village and enjoy some hot mountain springs where you can soak your skin in the healthy natural minerals in the water.
We will also visit the unusual and beautiful Sticky Waterfalls (Nam Tok Bua Tong) in Sri Lanna National Park where your feet will actually stick to the limestone rock meaning that you can climb up the waterfall!
This one day trek is a great way to get out into the amazing countryside surrounding Chiang Mai! As the trail is fairly easy and there’s a lot of adventure included, it’s also the perfect day trip for families.
Transport and lunch included.
Chiang Dao Trek – Itinerary
- We will pick you up from your hostel or hotel in Chiang Mai between 7-7.30 am and drive two hours to reach the start point of our trek.
- Along the way, we will stop at a bustling market to grab some local snacks and take a bathroom break.
- Once we arrive in Chiang Dao, our first stop will be Chiang Dao Dave which we explore thoroughly, as well as the temple on the grounds.
- We will then hop back in the car to make a short journey to the start of our trail. Here, you will walk from a local Karen Hilltribe village towards the Chiang Dao Hot Springs.
- Here, we will stop for lunch and you’ll have the opportunity to relax in the hot springs.
- We will then drive to the famous Sticky Waterfall and spend a while here climbing up the limestone falls and enjoying the natural beauty of the area.
- We will arrive back in Chiang Mai around 6.30 pm.
Duration: 10 Hours. Trekking Level: Easy.