Professional Muay Thai training in the beautiful North of Thailand at an incredible price.
Who will enjoy training at Sitjemam?
Located in the heart of nature only a 10-minute motorbike or car ride from Pai Town, Sitjemam is perfect for:
- Students that want to immerse themselves completely in the raw training experience of rural Thailand.
- Students that want to train with expert fighters, but do not have a huge budget.
- Students that want to combine their training with meeting other travellers or occasionally enjoying the delicious wallet-friendly western food Pai offers.
What will you do there?
During your stay you will experience:
- Two daily training sessions (2 hours each) of Muay Thai or Muay Boran – Monday-Saturday (Sunday is a rest day).
- Jogging every morning at 7.30 am (optional).
- Small group training which allows one-to-ones with professional trainers.
- Training partners of all levels (note: you will be partnered with students of a similar level)
What’s Else is Included?
- Free use of gym equipment
- Accommodation (more details below)
- Water refills (please bring your own bottle)
Daily Training Program
- Morning sessions start at 8 am
- Afternoon sessions start at 4 pm.
Each day’s training program includes:
- Stretching/warm-up/rope skipping
- Techniques and shadow-boxing under a trainer’s instruction
- Bagwork/warm-up supervised by a trainer
- Padwork with a trainer
- Drills on the bag (punches/knees/kicks/push kicks)
- Sparring and/or clinching supervised by a trainer (advanced level only)
- Core conditioning (sit-ups, push-ups, back, neck, leg exercises)
- Cool down/stretching
- This package includes basic accommodation on-site at the Muay Thai Camp (private room with a single bed, wardrobe, free WIFI, shared bathroom). Check-in at 2 pm, check-out at 12 pm. See the photos below.
- If there is no accommodation available on-site, students can be housed at the nearby resort, Baan Suan Violin for a similar price, depending on the season. See their rooms here. Buan Suan Violin is a few minutes’ walking distance of the gym.
- Upgrades are available: You can upgrade to a larger room (kingsize bed, private bathroom, fridge, kettle, drinking water, free WIFI) for an extra $20 US per week or $54 US per month, depending on availability. Request your upgrade in the additional information box when you place your booking.
- You can see examples of the local accommodation below:
At Sitjemam, each member of the training team has their own speciality. Thanks to the variety of styles that you will train with each of them, you’ll progress in a many ways at once, resulting in a more balanced fighting style, an understanding of how to react to a
Kru Yai Joe
Kru Joe comes from the world-renowned Yokkao Saenchai Muay Thai Team Bangkok and is a feared Nak Muay currently representing Sitjemam on international and national stages with his distinctive Muay Fimeu style. He has extensive experience having formed numerous champions in Thailand and abroad.
Mrs Mam is a former fighter and now General Manager of the camp. She is an ‘A-License’ Grand Master recognised by the Thai government, International Registered Referee and Promoter. She is also Kru Muay Boran and specialized in training kids.
Kru Dudee has been part of the Sitjemam family since the very beginning as a fighter, and later, a trainer (still active in the fight scene). Kru Dudee is a classic example of a Muay Mad fighter (a focus on punches)
One of the latest additions at Sitjemam, Kru Ron specialises in another traditional Muay Thai style, Muay Khao (knee fighter). Full of character, Ron is a former Central Thailand Champion and proudly represents Sitjemam on both national and international stages.
Co-Founder, Fight Manager
Mr. Em takes care of the matchmaking and fighters’ preparation, working as a scout and referee for several top promotions. He is a former top fighter, having fought some of the biggest events in Thailand, Japan, Malaysia, Cambodia, China, and Europe. Mr Em has worked as a trainer in Europe, Australia, Japan and South Korea.
Meals are not included in the price. There is a cheap local Thai restaurant right next door. Food Panda also delivers from several of the restaurants in town. Pai Town is. 10-min motorbike ride from the gym where you will find many different types of local and international restaurants.
Gym & equipment usage
The gym is available for use free of charge after the normal class time (silence during rest time must be observed from 1.30 pm to 3 pm (lunch) and from 9 pm to 7.30 am (night-time)). Equipment can be used free of charge.
Motorbike or bicycle rental service on-site (2,500 THB per month or 100 THB per day), so that you can experience all of what the beautiful Pai area has to offer.
What to bring?
- Comfortable clothes that you can move in
- Running shoes
- A small towel
- Water bottle
- For sparring/clinching wearing a mouthpiece is compulsory for safety reasons (it can be bought in the on-site shop)
- Hand wraps and gloves (also available at the on-site shop)