Nestled in the stunning town of Pai, Northern Thailand, Sitjemam Muay Thai offers professional training at an unbelievably affordable price. Whether you’re a beginner or seasoned fighter, all are welcome to relish Thailand’s beautiful countryside whilst receiving top-notch instruction from experienced fighters. Sitjemam delivers exceptional value with authentic training, comfortable lodging, and full equipment access. It’s a chance to connect with fellow travellers and immerse in the vibrant Pai Town scene. Hailed as the top budget camp in Northern Thailand, Sitjemam offers an unparalleled Muay Thai experience just a two-hour drive from Chiang Mai. Don’t miss this extraordinary chance to start your Muay Thai journey!
Muay Thai training sessions happen every morning and afternoon (2 hours) Monday to Saturday. Sunday is a rest day.
- Jogging every morning at 7.30 am (optional).
- Morning session 8 am – 10 am
- Afternoon session 4 pm – 6 pm
Daily Program Includes:
- Stretching/warm-up/rope skipping
- Techniques and shadow-boxing under a trainer’s instruction
- Bagwork/warm-up supervised by a trainer
- Padwork with a trainer
- Drills on the bag (punches/knees/kicks/push kicks)
- Sparring and/or clinching supervised by a trainer (advanced level only)
- Core conditioning (sit-ups, push-ups, back, neck, leg exercises)
- Cool down/stretching
- All training sessions are optional.
- We focus on small group training allowing one-to-ones with professional trainers.
- We use partner training (note: you will be partnered with students of a similar level).
- This package includes basic accommodation on-site at the Sitjemam Muay Thai Camp (private room with a single bed, wardrobe, free WIFI, shared bathroom). Check-in: 2 pm. Check-out: 12 pm.
- Upgrade: For those of you looking for more space and comfort, you can upgrade to a larger room (kingsize bed, private bathroom, fridge, kettle, drinking water, free WIFI) for an extra $20 US per week or $54 US per month, depending on availability. Request your upgrade in the additional information box when you place your booking.
Note: If there is no accommodation available on-site, students can be housed at the nearby resort, Baan Suan Violin for a similar price, depending on the season. Buan Suan Violin is a few minutes’ walking distance from the gym.
Meals are not included in the price. There is an excellent and cheap local Thai restaurant right next door. Food Panda also delivers from several of the restaurants in town. Pai Town is a 10-min motorbike ride from the gym where you will find many different types of local and international restaurants, from Italian Pizza to Indian to Mexican. There are also many bars in town where you can enjoy a drink and live music.
All students are given a Muay Thai kit of three pieces to use, free of charge, during their time at the gym (Booster or Yokkao gloves, Twins or Raja shinpads, Fairtex or Booster hand wraps (upon size availability).
- For sparring/clinching wearing a mouthpiece is compulsory for safety reasons (it can be bought in the on-site shop for approximately 450 THB).
- For hygiene reasons, if you want to buy your own hand wraps and gloves, they are also available at the on-site shop. (Gloves start at 1600 THB for 12 Oz (Booster leather). Hand wraps start at 400 THB.)
The gym is available for use free of charge after the normal class time (silence during rest time must be observed from 1.30 pm to 3 pm (lunch) and from 9 pm to 7.30 am (night-time)).
Sitjemam Muay Thai is located in beautiful countryside just a short distance outside of the popular traveller hub of Pai, Thailand. You can catch a motorbike taxi or local songthaew into the town (10 minutes), or you can enjoy the walk (approx. 1 hour) or cycle (20 minutes). While you are here, we highly recommend that you hire a motorbike or bicycle so that you can explore the area and experience all of what beautiful Pai has to offer. We offer very good value for money motorbike or bicycle rental service on-site (2,500 THB per month or 100 THB per day) which we can organise from your first day with us.
How to get there
To reach Pai Town you can take the bus from Chiang Mai Arcade Bus Station. Minibuses depart every hour from 6.30 am to 5.30 pm and cost 150 THB per person (the journey is two hours). Once in Pai town, you can either grab a motorbike taxi to reach the camp or call us for a free pick-up to the camp. If you’re arriving at Chiang Mai Airport and want an easy way to get here, we can also arrange a taxi directly from the airport to the camp for a very reasonable price. Or, for another travel option, Wisdom Air flies from Chiang Mai to Pai (20 minute flight) daily.
Pai is famous for its beautiful countryside. Around the local area you can visit hot springs, waterfalls, Pai canyon, ethnic hill tribe villages and elephant sanctuaries. Trekking, mountain biking and rafting is available and tours can be booked from Pai centre. The town itself has a daily walking market where you can find a variety of delicious local foods, handicrafts and souvenirs. There are plenty of spa and massage centres in town offering massage for as little as 200 THB per hour ($6 US), pedicures, manicures and other spa treatments are available.
- Muay Thai Training (2 hours) twice per day
- Free use of gym
- Free equipment usage
- Water refills (please bring your own bottle).
- Free pick-up from Pai Town
- Soft drinks or alcohol
- Travel insurance
- Transport to the gym (apart from free pick-up from Pai Town)
At Sitjemam, each member of the training team has their own speciality. Thanks to the variety of styles that you will train with each of them, you’ll progress in many ways at once, resulting in a more balanced fighting style.
Kru Yai Joe – Head trainer
Kru Joe comes from the world-renowned Yokkao Saenchai Muay Thai Team Bangkok and is a feared Nak Muay currently representing Sitjemam on international and national stages with his distinctive Muay Fimeu style. He has extensive experience having formed numerous champions in Thailand and abroad.
Ajarn Mam – Co-Founder-Gym Manager-Trainer
Mrs Mam is a former fighter and is now the General Manager of the camp. She is an ‘A-License’ Grand Master recognised by the Thai government, International Registered Referee and a Promoter. She is also Kru Muay Boran and specialized in training kids.
Kru Dudee – Trainer-Fighter
Kru Dudee has been part of the Sitjemam family since the very beginning as a fighter, and later, a trainer (still active in the fight scene). Kru Dudee is a classic example of a Muay Mad fighter (a focus on punches)
Kru Ron – Trainer-Fighter
One of the latest additions at Sitjemam, Kru Ron specialises in another traditional Muay Thai style, Muay Khao (knee fighter). Full of character, Ron is a former Central Thailand Champion and proudly represents Sitjemam on both national and international stages.
Mr. Em – Co-Founder, Fight Manager
Mr. Em takes care of the matchmaking and fighters’ preparation, working as a scout and referee for several top promotions. He is a former top fighter, having fought some of the biggest events in Thailand, Japan, Malaysia, Cambodia, China, and Europe. Mr Em has worked as a trainer in Europe, Australia, Japan and South Korea.
- What should I bring with me? Comfortable sports clothes that you can move in, running shoes, a small towel, refillable water bottle.