Updated April 19th, 2018.
Diving in the tropical South of Thailand is a not-to-be-missed experience! The waters are calm and warm and there are lots of colourful fish and amazing underwater life that make their home in the shallow waters of the coral reefs. If you want to try diving for the first time and experience a brand new world – this 1-day course is for you!
Safety First: What You Will Learn
We ensure that you understand a full safety briefing and we teach you some basic skills and techniques to ensure that you have a comfortable experience too. You will then progress to a shallow dive which is an amazing underwater orientation. Here, you will get used to your equipment and start to feel like a diver!
Usually, we start this experience mid-morning with a safety briefing followed by selecting the correct diving equipment for you. We will then break for lunch and meet later to catch the boat to head off to a shallow bay.
Once there, you will learn some basic scuba skills and enjoy a dive on SCUBA in shallow water. You will have the opportunity to make a second dive should you wish.
If you want to find out but aren’t quite ready or don’t have the time to take the plunge into a certification course, Discover Scuba Diving will let you try scuba to see if you like it. The whole program takes place in one of our beautiful, calm bays. We like to take a day for your experience but if you are on a tight schedule, we can also complete it in just a half a day.
- Small groups of up to a maximum of 4 students per instructor.
- Private tuition available.
- Skills taught in one of the amazing bays of Koh Tao, not in a pool.
- To take the PADI Discover Scuba Diving, you must be at least 10 years old.
- The Discover Scuba Diving Experience is just 2,000 THB ($65 USD).
- Should you wish to make a second dive then this is an extra 1,000 THB ($32 USD), and you can decide on the day.