Meditation Teacher Training Course & Inner Healing Retreat: Upcoming Dates
- 2020 – March 18-27.
- 2020 – June 8-17.
- 2020 – August 5-14.
Who is this Meditation Teacher Training for?
- Anyone who wants to learn how to meditate or how to deepen their existing meditation practice
- Yoga teachers and Meditation Instructors who want to guide others to heal specific emotional pain, gain deeper inner peace and unconditional love
- The most important requirement is your willingness to look within and face your own pains and enjoy your joys; this is the key to healing and freedom of not only yourself but others
Cultivate deep inner peace and unconditional love
- The most important factor in your success as a meditation teacher is your own state of inner peace and your ability to feel unconditional love towards all beings. This is important in order for you to bring peace and inspiration to the people you guide.
- 20 hours of this Meditation Teacher Training Course is dedicated entirely to practising a variety of meditations for cultivating your own inner peace.
- Psychic readings and deep healing meditations during the course will help you to see and release your own emotional pains.
- In addition to this, your state of mind will be read while you practice guiding meditations and public-speaking, helping you to find and release specific pains that arise (such as fears, self-criticism). This is important so that you are able to grow as a person and teach from a state of inner peace and love.
- You will gain knowledge of how to identify and release emotional pains whenever they arise in your daily life, making life a journey of inner healing and nurturing love.
Gain knowledge and experience in guiding meditations
During this course, we will learn and practise five important meditation types. We will practise guiding and teaching these…
- Mindful movement and breath – Enjoy inner stillness
- Mindfulness in daily life
- Unconditional Love for our self and others (Metta Meditation)
- Insight, through accepting our feelings
- Inner Healing of emotional pains
In addition to this, we will also…
- Practise and learn how to lead therapeutic breath-work meditations
- Understand important principles for effectively teaching meditations.
- Become able to answer common questions that arise amongst students
- There will be 14 hours dedicated to student practice in guided meditations, teaching and receiving feedback
- If you are already a Yoga Teacher, this course will enrich your meditation teaching skills
- You will gain professional comprehensive training on guiding your students not only through Asana and Pranayama but into concentration, meditation, and deeper insight
- You can apply this 60-hour training to your Yoga Alliance Continuing Education hours
- Optional – At 7.10am we will begin a silent meditation and set the energy of the space is being set with chanting and prayers. Students find this a deep and enriching experience.
- Silent Mornings: We recommend remaining in silence from the moment you wake up until 10 am.
- 7:30 – 10:00 – Movement and Breath Meditation.
- Review our daily mindfulness practice.
- Discuss Meditation Principles.
- Inner healing
- 10:30 – Healthy Vegan Brunch Included
- 12:00 – 14:30 – Meditation Or Practice Guiding Meditations
- Review previous day
- 15:30 – 17:30 – Practice Guiding Meditations Or Meditation
- Discussion on Meditation Principles
- Total 60 hours.
Accommodation is not included in the price of the course. There are two options of good value accommodation for students that are very close to the training centre. We recommend that you start your accommodation one day before and finish one day after the course; a total of 11 nights.
OPTION 1 – Large Beach Bungalow – 11 nights $270 US
This consists of a private fan Bungalow (double bed, bathroom, hot shower, wi-fi, balcony). (AC available) The bungalow is located in a peaceful setting just 8 minutes walk from the school. It is spacious, clean and bright and there are pots, pans, burner and fridge in the kitchen. Some bungalows have a partial sea view.
OPTION 2 – Small Beach Bungalow – 11 nights $220 US
A smaller more rustic beach bungalow with fan, double bed, shower, wifi, balcony.) Located just 8 minutes from the meditation centre.
OPTION 3 – Book your own accommodation
You have the option of booking your own resort if you prefer. There are many lovely resorts, hotels and bungalows close to the Sunny Yoga Shala. Some options include Nice Sea Resort, Seaview Rainbow Resort, Laem Son Resort, The beach bungalows or Zen Beach bungalows. Check them out. The address of the teacher training is: 21 Moo 8 Srithanu, Ko Pha-ngan Sub-district, Ko Pha-ngan District, Surat Thani 84280, Thailand
Please let us know at the time of booking which accommodation option you prefer.
Regarding meals, there is one full meal per day, a brunch. We decided not to include any more because of the many cheap and fantastic restaurants (Thai, Western, vegetarian, non-vegetarian, vegan) within 1-3 minutes walking distance from their location. From our experience in the past, students wish to try a variety of restaurants in Sri Thanu and make the most of the wonderful food scene of Koh Phangan.
Lead Trainer: Nishan Disanayake
Nishan was born into a Theravada Buddhist family in Sri Lanka and has practised meditation for over 20 years, (since he was 16). He gained most of his experience and learnt meditation in monasteries, meditation groups and self-study.
Nishan began teaching meditation informally in 2004 at a local primary school, then at a temple. After that, he set up a weekly group at his home. At the moment, he works in Thailand teaching at various healing centres, at Yoga Teacher Training Centres and also does private one-to-one classes.
He has practised many types of Theravada Buddhist meditations, mainly concentrating on Metta (Unconditional love) and Vipassana (Insight). Through his practice of inner awareness he has nurtured an ability to be aware of the mental states of other people as well, this enables him to help people to recognise and heal their own emotional pains.